Page 1 of 1
Replacement Ladder???
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:12 pm
by ddmueller
Hey Folks,
Has anyone replaced their swim platform ladder? I have a 99 272 with the power swim latform and the ladder is not near deep enough for an old fart to be climbing out of the water. I am looking for solid recommendations.
TIA,
Dan
Re: Replacement Ladder???
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:29 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey Dan. So glad you found us.
Have you tried
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/? They have quite a few selections of swim platform ladders.
Any pics?
And welcome aboard made!
.
Re: Replacement Ladder???
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:14 pm
by CobaltDeadHead
What I've been wondering lately is does anyone make a portable, clamp on ladder? I'm thinking of a ladder that looks like the attached, but basically attaches to the swim platform via a vice type attachment below and above the platform.
I have aging parents and they are no longer limber enough to use the telescoping underneath the platform pole ladder I have. They could use something like the attached picture though. So, if someone made a portable/ temporary ladder, that would be beneficial to have when they visit.
Re: Replacement Ladder???
Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:43 pm
by capn272
You're going to have a hard time fitting anything off the self into the geometry available on the swim deck. Have you considered tying a length of rope with a pvc rung to give you some additional depth and something to stand on?
Re: Replacement Ladder???
Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:54 pm
by jhnmdahl
Garelick makes a bunch of ladders - maybe they have something that would catch your eye?
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/boat-fu ... s/garelick