Page 1 of 1
Lost all Nav and dash lights
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:47 am
by GarysColbalt
Running back to dock last night in my 2003 220 and had lights flicker on and off twice. Then all lights including dash lights went out.
Engine still ran fine. Back at dock engine still starts, gauges work with key on, bilge works. But no other lights.
Everything looks normal as far as battery and cables and connections under dash. Am I missing a main fuse or breaker?
Re: Lost all Nav and dash lights
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:08 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey GC. So glad you found us.
That should be a fairly straightforward fix. Look under the dash. Most likely a loose wire on the switch or ground under there. Tighten it up and you should be good to go.
Any pics?
And welcome aboard mate.
.
Re: Lost all Nav and dash lights
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:37 pm
by GarysColbalt
There’s more than one switch. 5 actually for running lights , anchor light , blower, Ireland docking lights, and interior lights. Don’t see a common wire, fuse that all five come from.
I would think it would have to be before switches since they all went at once.
Re: Lost all Nav and dash lights
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:06 pm
by Big Block Power
I think it's the yellow wire but I could be wrong. This picture is just an example picture. I thought I had a better one of behind the dash but I couldn't find it.
The dash lights are all daisy chained together. Wiggle and trace those wires behind the dash.
Re: Lost all Nav and dash lights
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 am
by Titaniumboy
The helm circuit breakers are also daisy chained together. A loose wire anywhere along the “chain” will cause loss of power to all the downstream circuit breakers, along with the toggle switches that those breakers feed.