After my covers got absolutely bombarded by what must have been giant albatrosses (not really but you would think so!) I want to invest in something to at least offer some deterrant.
The Daddi Long Legs seems to ge the most favourable reviews on Amazon
- what surprises me is the lack of good mounting options however
I want to be able to mount it on my tower, but make it easy/quick to clamp on/remove
This type of clamp for a competitor device looks ideal, but the reviews are terrible and it is seemingly not at all robust
But I like the concept and would like something like that
Anyone have any suggestions for a type of clamp that might work?
Maybe I can adapt a general marine tubing clamp .......
Bird Repellant Device Clamping
- billk2632
- Captain

- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 am
- Location: Lake Norman, NC
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping
Before you invest in all of that, get a plastic owl and leave it hanging from your tower. We used one at out dock, never any bird problems. Cheap and worth a try.
______________________________
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping
Thanks, I might try that
Does it work for Seagulls (which I presume are the primary offenders)?
We have Bald Headed Eagles here - maybe a plastic Eagle might work too
Does it work for Seagulls (which I presume are the primary offenders)?
We have Bald Headed Eagles here - maybe a plastic Eagle might work too
2006 Cobalt 232
Volvo Penta 8.1L OSi
Key Pensinsula, Washington
Volvo Penta 8.1L OSi
Key Pensinsula, Washington
- billk2632
- Captain

- Posts: 428
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:40 am
- Location: Lake Norman, NC
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping
Can't say about seagulls - we are on an inland lake. All I know is I tried a few different things and the Owl worked the best. Funny though, it had to be hanging so it moved a little, I mounted it to a post first and it did not work at all, once I hung it from a rafter in the boat dock - no more birds!
______________________________
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
2014 Cobalt R5 - Current
1999 SeaRay 185 Bowrider -Previous
2000 SeaRay 290 SunDancer - Previous
1979 Correct Craft Ski-Tique - Previous
1948 Chris Craft Custom Runabout - Oh man to have that one back!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests
