Page 1 of 1
2006 cobalt 220 performance
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:03 am
by 90notch3
Hey guys I currently have a 06 220 with the 496 merc and bravo 3 drive. Looking into doing a raylar kit on it with his heads cam intake rockers and a tune. They say 525 horse out of it. Is it worth it and what top speeds could I get outa this boat ?
Thanks
Re: 2006 cobalt 220 performance
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:03 pm
by Big Block Power
Nice choices. I knew a guy that had that Set up in a 250. Ran 70.
What are you getting out of yours now?
Still the 220 hull isn't that fast but for what 10k 10mph?maybe?
Re: 2006 cobalt 220 performance
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:28 pm
by Easilyexcited
My understanding is the dual props are not great past 60mph. I have an 8.1 gxi in a 246 and get 60 fairly easy. Another 125 hp and less weight and boat I'd think 70 maybe 75 ?