Page 1 of 1

Led drain plug

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 pm
by jimmyr5
Hi all: has anyone added a led drain plug to their boat? If so, how do you like it, but more importantly have you had any problems with it such as leaking? I’m not to keen on drilling holes in my boat especially under the water line for led lighting so the drain plug seams like a pretty easy solution.
Looking forward to your thoughts

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:24 pm
by bruceb58
Drilling a few holes is not a big issue. You already have a huge hole for the sterndrive...what's a couple extra small holes?

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 pm
by bruceb58
PXL_20210113_190614430.jpg

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:00 am
by Kate
What B said.

If you go with the drain plug light, be careful of the material it's made of.

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:27 am
by Norris_Boating
I installed one several years ago, there was a deutsch connector in the stern labeled LED or underwater lights or something, plugged it in there and the helm button worked.
Very easy install. It kind of flickers while idling but holds steady while underway.
I wouldn't worry about leaks.

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm
by Whippled263
I installed a led drain plug light on my center console. It works great. No leaks. It adds just enough under water light for night fishing and idling around. It was cheap. Like $100 on amazon. However it doesnt compare to my friends lumitec under water lights. These were over $1000 tho. I say go for it. You have nothing to lose

Re: Led drain plug

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:57 am
by sailor55330
These things always crack me up. For being at anchor, they are probably decent in clear water. BUT, it is technically illegal to run with them on at night if you really want to follow the regs. Where I boat, you wouldn't get more than about 2ft of illumination.