Transom Trim Switch

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Transom Trim Switch

Post by MAP53 »

Buying a 212. The only thing I will need that it doesn't have is a transom trim switch. How much trouble and cost is this to do? I can do it myself if I knew the wiring and a source for the switch, or I could just have it done. I heard that our local Cobalt dealer here in Louisville just closed the doors so it might be a do it yourself project.

Thanks
Mark Potter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by Big Block Power »

Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by NautiGirl »

Stokley's in Lexington is our next closest dealer now...gonna miss not have The Boating Center....keep waiting to see if someone else is going to pick that dealership up....
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by MAP53 »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Thank you, i'll check it out.

Mark
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by MAP53 »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Looks like the install should be easy enough, tell me more about the "plug and play". Not having the boat here yet I can't go and look. Does it just plug into the trim pump?

Mark
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by Big Block Power »

MAP53 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:24 am
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Looks like the install should be easy enough, tell me more about the "plug and play". Not having the boat here yet I can't go and look. Does it just plug into the trim pump?

Mark
Yes the harness is right there going to the pump. The switch just plugs into each end of the pump harness.you will see it's pretty easy. If you get to it and still need help just yell.my boats in the garage. I perfer the switch on the port side.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MAP53
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by MAP53 »

Sounds pretty straight fwd. Thanks
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Transom Trim Switch

Post by Big Block Power »

MAP53 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm Sounds pretty straight fwd. Thanks
The bit I used was great and new and glad I taped it first. I didn't have any gell cracking or catching it. The screw holes I drilled backwards first so it doesn't grab the gel coat and crack. Patients is your friend.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests