Page 1 of 1

Marine radios

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:47 pm
by hoghead54
Does anyone use marine radios? What kind? Ever "had" to use it for emergencies?

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:11 pm
by NautiGirl
I used to have a handheld one before it was stolen, and never replaced now that cell phone coverage is improved at the lake.

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:15 pm
by Bfun220
I use a handheld, never had to use it.

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 pm
by thunder550
I keep a handheld with me on the boat, but only time I've ever used it is when we were at Powell several years ago and communicating between our boat and the houseboat. Standard Horizon HX290.

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 pm
by AsLan7
.
We used to carry a hand held vhf but have since upgraded to a permanent mount, Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio. Works very well on Lake Erie.
.

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:02 pm
by The La Salts
Anyone want to sell thier vhf?

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 am
by ajaVT
Just picked up a handheld VHF and am now wondering about where to store it. The unit is small enough to maybe use a mic mount but I would rather do something with a metal strap or something which I could clip it to.

Re: Marine radios

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am
by Bfun220
I also have a handheld VHF. I have not been able to decide where to mount it. It has been sitting in the glovebox. My old boat had larger diameter windshield supports and I use a hose clamp to mount it to the support.