Page 1 of 1

Boat cover

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:57 am
by llg3
I have a new R6 outboard with the sport tower. I’ve noticed scratches on the bright stainless windshield from the Cobalt cover. It makes me not want to use the cover. I’ve seen ad for Sealskin. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Re: Boat cover

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:53 pm
by NautiWeasel
Yes, I have the same issue on our 242. I think after this season, I'm going to re-polish the stainless windshield frame. I did that on the swim platform rub rail, and it made a huge difference.
I think the windshield scratches from the cover are put there when traveling with the cover on the boat. I'm tempted to put transport tape on that area, and see if it prevents it. I already use that on the front edge of my tower, and the back edge of the boat, above the swim platform, where the tonnau cover is secured over the edge of the boat to prevent scuffs from the plastic connectors for the bungee straps.

Re: Boat cover

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:52 pm
by billk2632
My cover has padding sewn in where the cover contacts the windshield frame and the top of the rear seat backrest. A cheap thing you can do is split a swim noodle to protect the windshield frame when the cover is on.

Re: Boat cover

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:34 pm
by stifflkd
I have an R5 and there is a a furry kind of cloth sewn on the inside along the windshield and at the back bench. If you don't have it I am sure a local guy can sew one on.

Re: Boat cover

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:05 am
by AsLan7
.
So glad you found us llg3. My past covers also had a softer material sewn in. Any pics?

And welcome aboard mate.

.

Re: Boat cover

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:55 am
by llg3
Thanks for the advice.