Page 1 of 3

Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 pm
by liquid
Hello all,

New member and very new owner (pick it up tomorrow).

Couple things - I just purchased a 2002 190 with 47 hours on it (for a song). Even though it's 15 years old it looks like it could've rolled off the showroom floor yesterday.

After looking for a long time I decided on this model (which is lacking from the model #'s listed FYI) and couldn't locate one near me and been in freshwater for it's life. Since I wasn't in a hurry i called a local cobalt dealer and asked him to keep an eye out. Dumb luck had him taking this particular 190 in for trade just 2 days prior. One owner and winterized/serviced at the dealer I purchased from. Kept in a warehouse basically unused for years.

This thing looks like it's never been in the water, it's unbelievable.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

ps - I can't add pics

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:46 pm
by jhnmdahl
Liquid, welcome, and thanks for the feedback. Photos can be uploaded directly if they don't exceed 256k (larger ones should be re-sized or use more jpeg compression), or linked if hosted anywhere else at any size. See: http://www.cobaltchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=90

Models listed in the forums are certainly derive more from recent offerings - we do have a forum specifically for older boats not listed, or general questions can just be posted in the "Cobalt Boat General" forum. There aren't a ton of us here yet, but it looks like we're off to a good start!

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm
by liquid
Thanks,

I'll convert and post pics - it's absolutely spotless. Had a slight issue with the trailer brakes. Needed to convert my trailer wiring harness from a a 4 to a 5 pin as the brakes were locking up in reverse.

Can we have 190 page? I know it's an older boat I'd be happy to moderate. Us little guys need some love too. ;)

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:07 am
by jhnmdahl
I did look at a variety of options, such as breaking up the boats by length rather than model number or family. Problem with a 190-specific forum is that they last made it in 2002, and there aren't that many around. Looking only at the 2003 catalog, we'd have to add the 226, 240, 240SD, 246, 262, 263, 282, 293, and 360 to what's currently listed to be inclusive. Adding all other years between 2003-2015 would not be trivial, and would present a pretty big wall of numbers.

After a little debate and research, it made more sense to go by family than by individual boat. I'll make a notation on the Older boat forum for now, and if for some reason 190 discussion takes off, we can look at splitting it off. I anticipate we'll see more discussion with the smaller boats anyhow (how many A40 owners are there, and do they really work on their own boats?), so it's a definite possibility.

John

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:29 pm
by liquid
190resize.jpg
Figured out how to resize - here's a shot of my new (to me) 2002 190. 47 hours on it.

talked to some people at the marina and they all said the guy would have it washed and polished and all the carpets shampooed every season. It literally looks brand new.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:43 pm
by jhnmdahl
No way you'd think that was a two year old boat, much less a 13 year old boat, from the photo. Looks like a great find, and a ton of fun!

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm
by Big Block Power
I never got to reply to this. Welcome to the forum :-) Better late then never.lol
Who?

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 pm
by Driller
Really nice boat! That's the reason I went with Cobalt, mine's nearly 8 yrs old, and everyone who takes a ride says they can't believe it is not brand new.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:08 am
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm I never got to reply to this. Welcome to the forum :-) Better late then never.lol
Who?
Ha! hard to believe it's been three years. I was over the moon when I was posting those.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 am
by AsLan7
Liquid,

Do you boat on Ontario or the river?

Big Lake Erie fan sending you our water. Curious how your 19 is runnin'? She's gorgeous.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:22 am
by liquid
Mostly the Finger Lakes - Canandaigua is home but have taken her to Keuka and plan on Conesus this weekend.

I've been out on Ontario but not in this boat. I will but with the kids it becomes a bigger ordeal to drop in and out... especially on a lake that acts like an ocean.

She runs like an angel. I treat her like one though. Thank you, I love her.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:29 am
by AsLan7
Great to hear, Liquid.

My brother-in-law from Erie has a place in Rochester and I overnight there occasionally. Maybe I can stop by some day and see her. I love ALL Cobalts!

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am
by liquid
Absolutely! Whereabouts in Rochester?

You're either an avid reader or you love the same kind of stuff I enjoy. One ring? Aslan? I'm with you.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:14 pm
by AsLan7
liquid wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:12 am Absolutely! Whereabouts in Rochester?

You're either an avid reader or you love the same kind of stuff I enjoy. One ring? Aslan? I'm with you.
They live in Spencerpirt district in Monroe County. I think it's about 45 minutes to Can lake. Good to know.

...and yes...big CS Lewis and Tolkien fan.

Re: Greetings from Rochester, NY!

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:06 pm
by liquid
I'm Pittsford. Bushnell's Basin. Spencerport ain't far.