2010 A-Series Gauge Driver Faults

(A25, A28, A36, A40)
pchoate1
Ensign
Ensign

2010 A-Series Gauge Driver Faults

Post by pchoate1 »

2010 A25, 8.1Gi-J, engine#A136233
I posted about a ~45sec interval alarm I was getting before and was directed to a low battery voltage issue on my house battery which led me to find my ACR was not working. Replaced the ACR and that problem is fixed.
I am still getting a ~45sec interval alarm and 3 codes are set that I am not sure how to diagnose so any help would be greatly appreciated.
ECT Gauge Driver Fault, Oil Pressure Gauge Driver Fault and Trim Sender Gauge Driver Fault. All are low voltage issues (0.00vdc). I'm guessing there is a short to ground but I do not know what wires to check at the gauge or the ECM. I do have the wiring schematics for my engine from the Diacom program but not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached are my Diacom data files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: 2010 A-Series Gauge Driver Faults

Post by jhnmdahl »

All these errors are on the dash gauges? I'd start there if the engine runs ok, making sure everything's plugged in securely and isn't corroded (i.e., unplug and re-plug the cables and connectors). You can also take a look for anything that may be shorting while you're behind the dash. From there, I'd start unplugging the various senders one at a time to see if one is defective/shorted and makes the problem go away when unplugged.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
pchoate1
Ensign
Ensign

Re: 2010 A-Series Gauge Driver Faults

Post by pchoate1 »

Thanks for the quick reply. Gauges are working fine and no warnings at the gauges and the engine runs fine. The only reason I knew there was something wrong was because I get the warning beep from the sound device under the dash. I will start with unplugging the ECT and oil pressure lines at the sensors. Not sure where the trim sensor is.
FYI, my gauges are the early version of the cobalt medallion without the buttons so I’m not able to scroll through the different information parameters like the newer gauges.