Search found 21 matches

by Cobaltr6
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 am
Forum: R Series
Topic: Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer
Replies: 6
Views: 2136

Re: Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer

That was in Saugatuck at the Barge restaurant, which is located on the lower western part of Lake Michigan. The lake was really cold, 54 degrees….brrrr.
by Cobaltr6
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:48 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer
Replies: 6
Views: 2136

Re: Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Looks like I’ll have to have the marina do it for me. Just as an FYI, the R6 has been remarkable. It’s the 6th boat we’ve owned and by far the nicest. Our last boat was a 2016 220s. My wife didn’t think we should upgrade because of the cost, but now she is also in ...
by Cobaltr6
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:36 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer
Replies: 6
Views: 2136

Cleaning bottom of R6 with trailer

This is my first season with an R6. I want to clean the bottom before we put it away in a few months. When it’s on the trailer it’s hard to reach most of the bottom. Its really not that dirty but it does have some lake scum on the bottom.

When we had a sailboat we used to use jack stands to lift ...
by Cobaltr6
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:23 pm
Forum: Cobalt Boats General
Topic: Fender Quick Release Size?
Replies: 14
Views: 7554

Re: Fender Quick Release Size?

They are 1/2” on the factory clips.
by Cobaltr6
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:17 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: Usb stick for music
Replies: 5
Views: 1634

Re: Usb stick for music

Thanks so much for all the tips. I’ll try reformatting and see if that works.
by Cobaltr6
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:20 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: Usb stick for music
Replies: 5
Views: 1634

Usb stick for music

On a 2022 R6 can you use a usb stick to play tunes on a Fusion head unit. I tried using the usb hub at the helm but I couldn’t get it to work. On my last 220S boat I had a Kicker head unit and that method worked fine. I’m wondering if the Fusion head unit is able to do that or I’m doing something ...
by Cobaltr6
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:40 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: R6 badge light on transom
Replies: 19
Views: 5884

Re: R6 badge light on transom

$500 to light up the logo badge. Boy, that seems really steep! I think I can live without it.
by Cobaltr6
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:03 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: R6 badge light on transom
Replies: 19
Views: 5884

Re: R6 badge light on transom

It’s a 2022, so it’s the current model. Even though there are a few nit-picky things like the light, overall it’s the best boat we have ever owned. The last boat was a 220S which was also terrific.
by Cobaltr6
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:23 am
Forum: R Series
Topic: R6 badge light on transom
Replies: 19
Views: 5884

Re: R6 badge light on transom

I cant understand why they would make that an option. It’s just a little led light. Plus I can’t find anywhere online that says adding the light to the logo badge is an option. It’s a head scratcher! I tried using the logo light button on the dash but nothing turned on.
by Cobaltr6
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:49 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: R6 badge light on transom
Replies: 19
Views: 5884

Re: R6 badge light on transom

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to easily add the light to the logo after the boat has been built?
by Cobaltr6
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:02 am
Forum: R Series
Topic: R6 badge light on transom
Replies: 19
Views: 5884

R6 badge light on transom

Does the R6 badge on the back of the transom light up? I thought it should but the dealer thought it may be an option I had to buy. I tried all the switches on the dash but never got it to light up. The side Cobalt badges on my tower light up and I thought it would be on the same switch. Thanks for ...
by Cobaltr6
Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: First post! My dad is buying an R6, but we have a low clearance in our boat house. Any advice?
Replies: 29
Views: 30051

Re: First post! My dad is buying an R6, but we have a low clearance in our boat house. Any advice?

Yes, you can lower the tower and stop at any point if you have the electric version. With the manual tower it’s either up or all down. That said I’m pretty sure you can drive the boat with the tower fully lowered.
by Cobaltr6
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:16 pm
Forum: R Series
Topic: First post! My dad is buying an R6, but we have a low clearance in our boat house. Any advice?
Replies: 29
Views: 30051

Re: First post! My dad is buying an R6, but we have a low clearance in our boat house. Any advice?

I’ll try to help as much as I can. I’m attaching a picture of our R6 with the electric tower folded down. The anchor light sticks up about 6” above the windshield when the tower is down. In this picture the dealer hasn’t attached the light yet but I think you can get the idea. I hope this helps.
by Cobaltr6
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:20 pm
Forum: Cobalt Boats General
Topic: Help finding a part
Replies: 4
Views: 1060

Re: Help finding a part

I’ve contacted Heritage Tailer in the past and they were extremely responsive and very helpful on the phone. Here’s there phone number if you want to try, 618-439-9626. I’m sure they will sell you the exact replacement.
by Cobaltr6
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 am
Forum: R Series
Topic: Got steps made for our new boat
Replies: 11
Views: 2206

Re: Got steps made for our new boat

Thanks so much for the compliment. We were very pleased with the way it came out. We are still waiting for some electronic part for the boat but since it’s too cold to use the boat in Indiana, the wait isn’t so painful. My dealer said that he was told that there are LOTS of R model boats shrink ...