Good deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lolajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
Anchor for 2013 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
That only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pmGood deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lolajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
That's deep here. I normally only use 6 feet and that's double. LolDriller wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:34 pmThat only works for you shallow water guys. 25' would only reach 30% of the way to btm on my lake. The more role the merrier is my motto.Big Block Power wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:29 pmGood deal. I only use 25 ft of rode.lolajaVT wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:14 pm Thanks to everyone for your replies and I ended up going with the digger anchor which seems to work well and while it's a tight fit, will make it into the bow anchor locker with 100' of rode. Thanks again for the advice!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.
I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
Not sure why your having trouble. Mine digs well with no chain. Get it ? Digs. Digger.
But I would think chain would differently made it dig better.
But I would think chain would differently made it dig better.
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
Yt 5 ft isn't going to help when your in 300 feet of water. Lol.Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.
I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
So jealous bud
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Anchor for 2013 220
It’s because most of the time I don’t have enough role to meet the 3:1 (or even 2:1) ratio. The chain helps.Ytmsn wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:24 pm Driller I see that you use 6' of chain and B does not. When I got my digger I noticed the instructions said no chain needed, but I kept having trouble with it setting last weekend.
I'm headed over tomorrow afternoon to prep for a few days on Table Rock, and I think I'm going to add about 5' of 3/8ths and see if it works any better.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

