Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
I'm hitting up the Chicago boat show next weekend. Looking forward to seeing Gordy's booth. Curious to see if they put the Cobalts and Malibus next to each other now.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
When we were there last June I looked at my gage and thought it read 29.0. I'm thinking "I thought this was a deep lake?" Then I looked closer. It was 290. Some places I saw it over 300 feet.akorcovelos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm How deep is LOTO? Those boats have some serious draft for an inland lake. We have some bit cruisers on the Chain, but nothing like that, not to mention the bridges you need to clear to get from one lake to another prohibits fly bridges of any kind.
We did get somone who's running a new Nor-Tech Monte Carlo 420 last summer. Boat turns heads everywhere it goes.
nortech_420_sunrise_lead_big.jpg
Tgrace did you mean to say its 500 in the channel?
On my lake it's close to 200 down by the dam and 60 or so in the channels. Most coves are 30 plus. And we have some big Cruisers, many 50 and 60 footers. And a few 100 foot houseboats. Lots of 60 and 70 foot houseboats.
And our lake is tiny compared to TRL!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
um, this may sound stupid, but how much anchor line should I have for tie-up at the 32mm for the shootout? I keep like 50' on the boat now and that's excessive for the Chain I boat on, lol.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
you most likely won't even need an anchor as so many cruisers will be dropping their windlass you just join the tie up.akorcovelos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:36 pm um, this may sound stupid, but how much anchor line should I have for tie-up at the 32mm for the shootout? I keep like 50' on the boat now and that's excessive for the Chain I boat on, lol.
But to give you an idea I keep 100' of rope on my anchor and some days it isn't enough.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Well I sat down with the harbor today and their pricing was closer to what Gdane had posted before. maybe a little less. So needless to say I am back on the hunt for a used one. I may call lake Viking and talk to Dane's guy but I am guessing not to much difference in price
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
YT he is talking about LOTO not table rock. The channel at Table Rock gets up to maybe 230' deep from what I've seen. I've never seen 290' but it wouldnt surprise me. Its a really deep lake for sure. Like Tim said, its a man-made flooded river bed in the Ozark mountains.Ytmsn wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pmWhen we were there last June I looked at my gage and thought it read 29.0. I'm thinking "I thought this was a deep lake?" Then I looked closer. It was 290. Some places I saw it over 300 feet.akorcovelos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm How deep is LOTO? Those boats have some serious draft for an inland lake. We have some bit cruisers on the Chain, but nothing like that, not to mention the bridges you need to clear to get from one lake to another prohibits fly bridges of any kind.
We did get somone who's running a new Nor-Tech Monte Carlo 420 last summer. Boat turns heads everywhere it goes.
nortech_420_sunrise_lead_big.jpg
Tgrace did you mean to say its 500 in the channel?
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Plenty of boats in the sea! You'll get one before you know it!tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm Well I sat down with the harbor today and their pricing was closer to what Gdane had posted before. maybe a little less. So needless to say I am back on the hunt for a used one. I may call lake Viking and talk to Dane's guy but I am guessing not to much difference in price
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Table And uber expensive! What the heck do the owners due with the yacht's? Sit on them and say look at me? LOLTable Rockin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pmThats insane. Those boats are going to find it hard to dock up at some places...even at LOTO. I mean I'm all for maxing out what I can get away with but thats a pretty damn big boat....even for LOTO
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
TGrace, Just curious what percentage off did the Harbor offer? I am between both dealerships living here in KC so it was easier to negotiate with the Harbor and Lake Viking with both dealerships knowing I was going with the best deal.tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm Well I sat down with the harbor today and their pricing was closer to what Gdane had posted before. maybe a little less. So needless to say I am back on the hunt for a used one. I may call lake Viking and talk to Dane's guy but I am guessing not to much difference in price
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
If it doesn’t work, then wait until it’s feeling right..Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:30 pmPlenty of boats in the sea! You'll get one before you know it!tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm Well I sat down with the harbor today and their pricing was closer to what Gdane had posted before. maybe a little less. So needless to say I am back on the hunt for a used one. I may call lake Viking and talk to Dane's guy but I am guessing not to much difference in price
When it’s right, the right boat, new or used will hit you right in da face!
https://youtu.be/3eaX9QmmfWE
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yeah I think the big sticker shock to me set in real quickly. Plus like you and Dane have pointed out the 8-10% price increase year over year. Kinda has me back to the drawing board. I had a number in my head that I would pay and it was way over that. And it was their best and final price. They did say I pretty much loaded one up. And to come in and see one with less options and I could probably trim some fat off the list to get the price down. So I’m going to go in the next time I’m at the lake and look at a few of their stock boats. Nothing I would buy because I looked at their stock and I don’t like any of the color combos.Tuscany wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:01 pmIf it doesn’t work, then wait until it’s feeling right..Table Rockin wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:30 pmPlenty of boats in the sea! You'll get one before you know it!tgrace98 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:00 pm Well I sat down with the harbor today and their pricing was closer to what Gdane had posted before. maybe a little less. So needless to say I am back on the hunt for a used one. I may call lake Viking and talk to Dane's guy but I am guessing not to much difference in price
When it’s right, the right boat, new or used will hit you right in da face!
https://youtu.be/3eaX9QmmfWE
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
And there is the negative side of the network that limits your leverage to “none”.
But, they can not regulate the used market. Keep your eyes open to all areas of the country. Something perfect may pop up..U Ship is cheap.
I’m guessin’ there are individuals willing to help.
But, they can not regulate the used market. Keep your eyes open to all areas of the country. Something perfect may pop up..U Ship is cheap.
I’m guessin’ there are individuals willing to help.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Yep and that is what I plan to do. Hope to find a late 2016-17 at some point this year. I’m sure some of these owners are getting the 2 footies. My 262 is still a great running boat so I’m in no hurry. I’ll see what pops up in the used market after all the boat shows. I’m sure I will find something that has all the options I want in my price range.Tuscany wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm And there is the negative side of the network that limits your leverage to “none”.
But, they can not regulate the used market. Keep your eyes open to all areas of the country. Something perfect may pop up..U Ship is cheap.
I’m guessin’ there are individuals willing to help.![]()
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- akorcovelos
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2981
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
- Location: Antioch, IL
- Contact:
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Keep in mind, since Malibu bought Cobalt I assume they are working towards Malibu's fiscal year end, which is June 30th. Sounds counter intuitive to normal boat buying logic, but corporate will be pushing dealers to move boats Arpil-June to hit ebita projections for year end since they are publicly traded. June in theory would be when they are more willing to take less GP per boat to bolster earnings before closing the books. Just a thought.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
Re: Cobalt Dealer Network awards....
Respectfully. Problem with that theory is that Cobalt inventory is limited to production, which has been selling out by April. Therefore, no need to get aggressive. In fact, they can raise prices even further.akorcovelos wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:19 am Keep in mind, since Malibu bought Cobalt I assume they are working towards Malibu's fiscal year end, which is June 30th. Sounds counter intuitive to normal boat buying logic, but corporate will be pushing dealers to move boats Arpil-June to hit ebita projections for year end since they are publicly traded. June in theory would be when they are more willing to take less GP per boat to bolster earnings before closing the books. Just a thought.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 34 guests

