Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

(non-boating; no politics!)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Ytmsn »

My new ride..
20190128_103458.jpg

And since it has nothing to do with my boat, here is a neat boat shot
20190131_065216-3024x2268.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by MnLakeBum »

I bought a 17’ inflatable paddle board at the boat show last week. It’s 5 feet wide and 8” thick so it will mostly see use a water lounge off the dock and the back of the pontoon boat. It will also be fun to put 4 people on it and paddle it across the lake! Here’s a picture from the show, the board in front of it is an 11 foot traditional size board. I’m taking suggestions on a high speed 12volt inflater for this board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by akorcovelos »

I've heard terrible things about the inflatable SUPs, hope your experience is different. I did a lot of research before buying my SUP, and I'm glad I did.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Ytmsn »

What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Big Block Power »

My wife loves hers. I hate hauling it. It fits in the pontoon perfect though.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by MnLakeBum »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:24 am I've heard terrible things about the inflatable SUPs, hope your experience is different. I did a lot of research before buying my SUP, and I'm glad I did.
Totally agree. I've paddled an inflatable and they are very much inferior to a solid board. It's really just a swim/relax pad that will rarely be used to paddle, mostly by teenagers. I honestly don't see it being paddled more than a few times each summer. At 17'x5', if it was an actual foam/fiberglass SUP this thing would weigh 200+ lbs and would not be fun to move around or store.

I bought my first SUP 8 years ago and now own four "real" SUP's after selling my first board to a buddy last summer.

If anybody is looking for an amazing SUP or wake-surf board that can be custom made to exactly what you want, check out ShoreBoards. They are hand built in Anoka Minnesota and the two SUP's and wake-surf board I have are amazing to paddle and are also works of art.

https://www.shore-boards.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by akorcovelos »

Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
Pain to blow up enough to be usable, still not rigid so more work to control, and inconsistent when you do try and maneuver them. As MnLakeBum said, just a glorified raft you can stand on. Nothing you would want to take for a evening paddle.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
MnLakeBum
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:21 am
Location: Minnesota
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by MnLakeBum »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:12 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
Pain to blow up enough to be usable, still not rigid so more work to control, and inconsistent when you do try and maneuver them. As MnLakeBum said, just a glorified raft you can stand on. Nothing you would want to take for a evening paddle.

Agree with this, get a solid board. Even a $600 Costco fiberglass/foam board will paddle better than the best inflatable. For a beginner I’d also recommend an 11’ -12’ board that is about 34-35” wide. The smaller or narrower boards are tougher to learn on.
2018 R5 Surf 380 VP
2016 Marker One 28’ with 350 Verado
2019 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage 300 Verado
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by cmattj »

Ytmsn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm What have you heard akro? I want one of these but I know nothing about them. That, and I'm afraid it would be one of those things that I use at first, then it would just hang off the garage wall forever.
If you have the ability to transport a SUP . Go hardboard. Like mentioned pic a quality board 600 ish that is dense in floation rating.

I’m happy with my 11.5 ft x 34 tower boards. Non displacement nose and they are fast.

Oh yes it’s hang it on the wall weather even out here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Spine Guy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Location: Muskegon
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Spine Guy »

We went with this last year, holy cow it’s a blast!

https://youtu.be/HuWLE4Li6Hg
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Big Block Power »

Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Tuscany
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3478
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:28 am
Location: near Buffalo, NY
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Tuscany »

That’s great BB. Garage boating in January!
Does it have a power vent? I’ve never seen an exhaust pipe go downward.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430

#FARCON Marine
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Big Block Power »

Tuscany wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:58 pm That’s great BB. Garage boating in January!
Does it have a power vent? I’ve never seen an exhaust pipe go downward.
I think so. He had to go down due to the high garage walls and roof line. I saw a bunch of pictures and they went Down as well. I'm not a expert in heat so I hired it out so I hope he knew what he was doing.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.
That’s slick! Does it us a switch or a thermostat type thingy?
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Post pictures of your new purchase :-)

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:02 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm Just bought a heater for the garage for the off season.
That’s slick! Does it us a switch or a thermostat type thingy?
Tstat type thingy. I have to see if it has a fan only switch so in the summer I can turn it on during garage boating.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests