Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Here's the distribution block (I think that's what it's called). Not sure if I would be able to locate a replacement block.
I'm kinda leaning towards some sort of epoxy. But I don't know if epoxy can handle heat (is there is any).
I'm kinda leaning towards some sort of epoxy. But I don't know if epoxy can handle heat (is there is any).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Come on man - you have come this far and installed really nice stuff. Hold off on the Sub until you can do it right. Maybe next off seasons project.
Just my 2 cents, 2.7 cents Canadian - the exchange rate has changed since my last post.
Just my 2 cents, 2.7 cents Canadian - the exchange rate has changed since my last post.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Oh for sure on next year! But I just feel a little bit like I should be able to get this bad boy working. I don't want to pair a new amp with this old sub because if the sub fails, then I gotta buy a new one of those, too. That's not gonna fly... I'd never get my manhood out of The Warden's purse ever again!!!
I spoke with my buddy who gave me the amp (Travis) last night when I was struggling to get it to work last night, and he said if it didn't work, throw it away he doesn't want it back. I kind of figure I have nothing to lose.
I spoke with my buddy who gave me the amp (Travis) last night when I was struggling to get it to work last night, and he said if it didn't work, throw it away he doesn't want it back. I kind of figure I have nothing to lose.
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Nothing to lose other than an electrical fire.Homeskillet wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 am Oh for sure on next year! But I just feel a little bit like I should be able to get this bad boy working. I don't want to pair a new amp with this old sub because if the sub fails, then I gotta buy a new one of those, too. That's not gonna fly... I'd never get my manhood out of The Warden's purse ever again!!!
I spoke with my buddy who gave me the amp (Travis) last night when I was struggling to get it to work last night, and he said if it didn't work, throw it away he doesn't want it back. I kind of figure I have nothing to lose.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
yeah I suppose you're right about the electrical fire thing. I think for me to use it, i'll have to make sure my solution is safe and reliable.
I wonder if the other 2 amps Travis had are Profiles also. Perhaps I could do a swap. I'm also going to look into re-threading it.
I think I'll take a stab at new screws, too. Never know, my eyes are not great - i may have missed what the actual problem is
I wonder if the other 2 amps Travis had are Profiles also. Perhaps I could do a swap. I'm also going to look into re-threading it.
I think I'll take a stab at new screws, too. Never know, my eyes are not great - i may have missed what the actual problem is
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Bought slightly bigger bolts and the snuggled right up tight! Rocks!!
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
I will be putting the finishing touches on the wiring (fuses, zip ties, etc) this wknd, and mounting the amps. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
The guy who takes care of all my summerizing and winterizing said to cut a hole in the access panel that I'm mounting the amps to,run the wires through it, and then cover half of it up with part of the amp (so there's not a big gaping hole there). I'm thinking about that. But I might see if I can run the wiring off to the sides, and zip tie whatever is in front... and then I'll secure the zip ties with screws.
Also, would you guys screw the amp to the panel, or do you thru-bolt it?
The guy who takes care of all my summerizing and winterizing said to cut a hole in the access panel that I'm mounting the amps to,run the wires through it, and then cover half of it up with part of the amp (so there's not a big gaping hole there). I'm thinking about that. But I might see if I can run the wiring off to the sides, and zip tie whatever is in front... and then I'll secure the zip ties with screws.
Also, would you guys screw the amp to the panel, or do you thru-bolt it?
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Screw it your fine. Mine anyway had like a half moon spot in the board. It could just be covered up by carpet. Take that board off it's only 4 screws and hide all of the wires on the back side.
Fuses what fuses? Who needs those. Lol
Fuses what fuses? Who needs those. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
What BBP Said - sort of.
I would screw both amps directly to the board in the back of the storage compartment. Ours had several 1/2 in holes cut in it, the carpet covers them but you can get wires through. I wouldn't worry about trying to cover the hole /w an amp, but thats just me.
I haven't finished ours up yet - and Katie is in charge of cable management - no joke its part of her actual job. My plan is to get everything hooked up and working and then leave a giant rats nest of wires for her to clean up.
And yes - please take the time to add fuses.
I would screw both amps directly to the board in the back of the storage compartment. Ours had several 1/2 in holes cut in it, the carpet covers them but you can get wires through. I wouldn't worry about trying to cover the hole /w an amp, but thats just me.
I haven't finished ours up yet - and Katie is in charge of cable management - no joke its part of her actual job. My plan is to get everything hooked up and working and then leave a giant rats nest of wires for her to clean up.
And yes - please take the time to add fuses.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
Thanks for the help guys!
N - Send Katie to my boat when she's done with yours lol!
I wonder if my wife would do that.... I'm gonna check with her.
N - Send Katie to my boat when she's done with yours lol!
I wonder if my wife would do that.... I'm gonna check with her.
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
I think I'm gonna shoot for this kind of look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Homeskillet
- Captain

- Posts: 281
- Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:53 am
- Location: Wisconsin
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
This is where I had to stop today. Ran into a couple snags that were very tedious to rectify.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Stereo - To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade
That's not going to work they are all the same color.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests