Anchor
-
notstock4long
- Commander

- Posts: 122
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:48 am
- Location: Muskegon, MI
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
I ended up going with a Richter anchor. I was thinking about a digger, but found this one first. It is much smaller than it looks; less than 12" in diameter, and maybe 10" tall, but it holds well. I have the 18lb version. I bought this on mainly because it would fit in my anchor locker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 Cobalt CS22
Re: Anchor
I just ordered a digger.
After kind of forgetting about, and struggling with about 10 lbs of thick seaweed pulling up the anchor, I came back to this thread and ordered one. Definitely looks like it will store easier.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
After kind of forgetting about, and struggling with about 10 lbs of thick seaweed pulling up the anchor, I came back to this thread and ordered one. Definitely looks like it will store easier.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
2017 Cobalt R7
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
"Cobalt" Blue
6.2L VP 380 or 430
#FARCON Marine
Re: Anchor
What is the best anchor for a dammed lake (think lake Cumberland) when floating in a cove? Mushroom anchor?
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am What is the best anchor for a dammed lake (think lake Cumberland) when floating in a cove? Mushroom anchor?
With our sand and mud/weed Lake Erie bottoms, we use a plastic coated fluke for fresh water. Bigger one will fit (barely) in our bow anchor locker. Smaller one stores in breathable bag located near engine hatch.
We like the plastic coated ones as they do not mark up our interior storage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
Can you even reach the bottom there? Lol what kind of bottom do they have. I like my digger. I only use my 15lbs mushroom when I'm beached in 3feet of water and it doesn't hold much in the sand but I'm next to it all day then.ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am What is the best anchor for a dammed lake (think lake Cumberland) when floating in a cove? Mushroom anchor?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Anchor
A fluke style anchor will get caught. Thinking table rock lake/Norris/etc. more as you float in a cove in 65 feet of water. Can u use anything to slow your float without getting caught by trees etc on the bottom.
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
Re: Anchor
I read this in a spooky voice.ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 am What is the best anchor for a damned lake (think lake Cumberland) when floating in a cove? Mushroom anchor?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Re: Anchor
I fish rivers in the winter, Steelhead, always use chunks of chain for anchor, 16-24"lengths, they don't snagajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 pm A fluke style anchor will get caught. Thinking table rock lake/Norris/etc. more as you float in a cove in 65 feet of water. Can u use anything to slow your float without getting caught by trees etc on the bottom.
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
.
.
.
.
Took me a second to get this one:
.
.
.
Took me a second to get this one:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
I was just looking at the box anchor, it looks amazing. But at 21” long I feared it would not fit in the anchor locker of my CS22. Then I saw this post and see you found an anchor that does fit in the CS22 locker. How is the performance?notstock4long wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am I ended up going with a Richter anchor. I was thinking about a digger, but found this one first. It is much smaller than it looks; less than 12" in diameter, and maybe 10" tall, but it holds well. I have the 18lb version. I bought this on mainly because it would fit in my anchor locker.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
Re: Anchor
I have the 18lb Richter for my 21' and it holds well. 18 lbs was overkill, but that's why I got it in the first place. Pitch it over and you're pretty much hooked up, set it and forget it. Sand and rocky bottom for me.
2001 206 5.0 Gi
-
Islander208
- Commander

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm
- Location: San Antonio
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
I bought one of these last summer. Holds my 220 in mud and rocky bottoms. Easy to retrieve; pull or drive over the top and pull straight up. Fits in the anchor locker with chain and 100 ft of rope.rrfisher wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:20 pm I have the 18lb Richter for my 21' and it holds well. 18 lbs was overkill, but that's why I got it in the first place. Pitch it over and you're pretty much hooked up, set it and forget it. Sand and rocky bottom for me.
2004 220
6.2 MPI B3
Yellow/Blk/Wht
San Antonio; Medina/Canyon Lakes
6.2 MPI B3
Yellow/Blk/Wht
San Antonio; Medina/Canyon Lakes
Re: Anchor
This is what was included with my boat. Fits nicely in the front of the CS22.Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pmI was just looking at the box anchor, it looks amazing. But at 21” long I feared it would not fit in the anchor locker of my CS22. Then I saw this post and see you found an anchor that does fit in the CS22 locker. How is the performance?notstock4long wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am I ended up going with a Richter anchor. I was thinking about a digger, but found this one first. It is much smaller than it looks; less than 12" in diameter, and maybe 10" tall, but it holds well. I have the 18lb version. I bought this on mainly because it would fit in my anchor locker.
Not sure about the performance, as I have not used it yet. I will let you know next weekend when I try it out though.
2018 CS22
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
What was included? I ended up buying the 25lb version of the Richter Anchor. Works awesome based off my one test. Ha!TTU wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:07 amThis is what was included with my boat. Fits nicely in the front of the CS22.Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pmI was just looking at the box anchor, it looks amazing. But at 21” long I feared it would not fit in the anchor locker of my CS22. Then I saw this post and see you found an anchor that does fit in the CS22 locker. How is the performance?notstock4long wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:27 am I ended up going with a Richter anchor. I was thinking about a digger, but found this one first. It is much smaller than it looks; less than 12" in diameter, and maybe 10" tall, but it holds well. I have the 18lb version. I bought this on mainly because it would fit in my anchor locker.
Not sure about the performance, as I have not used it yet. I will let you know next weekend when I try it out though.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 22 guests

