Lurked here for some time, haven't posted much but have appreciated the hints, tips, and insights.
I don’t know if anyone here is in the market for a good condition 262, but I have mine listed currently:
https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/d/garf ... 51349.html
Boat is original 430hrs except for new Sony head unit and kicker speakers last year. I have window sticker for anyone interested. No trailer.
Interior has some cracks in a few spots, but overall is in good shape.
Asking $31,500. I have a full detail scheduled for the 24th, but could knock a $1000 off if you prefer to handle yourself.
Let me know if there are any questions and if not I appreciate any help spreading the word.
2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: 2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
.tygar78 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm Lurked here for some time, haven't posted much but have appreciated the hints, tips, and insights.
I don’t know if anyone here is in the market for a good condition 262, but I have mine listed currently:
https://fayar.craigslist.org/boa/d/garf ... 51349.html
Boat is original 430hrs except for new Sony head unit and kicker speakers last year. I have window sticker for anyone interested. No trailer.
Interior has some cracks in a few spots, but overall is in good shape.
Asking $31,500. I have a full detail scheduled for the 24th, but could knock a $1000 off if you prefer to handle yourself.
Let me know if there are any questions and if not I appreciate any help spreading the word.
Hey Tygar, thanks for coming out of the woodwork.
She looks good on that lift. Why ya’ sellin’?
Captain’s call is a bonus. Curious what’s going on with your steering wheel?
...and officially, welcome aboard mate!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: 2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
Thanks!
Selling as the kids have gotten more into water sports and the wife has convinced me to try a tow boat for a season or two.
Demoed a low hour 2017 R3 Surf last week. It was familiar and impressive but doesn’t quite make the surf wave a Malibu does and seems to give up a lot of the storage we love on the 262.
Selling as the kids have gotten more into water sports and the wife has convinced me to try a tow boat for a season or two.
Demoed a low hour 2017 R3 Surf last week. It was familiar and impressive but doesn’t quite make the surf wave a Malibu does and seems to give up a lot of the storage we love on the 262.
Re: 2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
Yes the 262 has tons of storage. I just went from a 262 to an R7 and the storage is about the same. So if you wanted similar storage you would have to look at an R7 surftygar78 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 pm Thanks!
Selling as the kids have gotten more into water sports and the wife has convinced me to try a tow boat for a season or two.
Demoed a low hour 2017 R3 Surf last week. It was familiar and impressive but doesn’t quite make the surf wave a Malibu does and seems to give up a lot of the storage we love on the 262.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: 2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
Agreed. I have a friend with a R7 and it is an amazing boat. That said, the base R7 is out of my budget before you add the Surf option.
Re: 2000 262 w/ Arch & 7.4L
Well if you get a Malibu you are still in the family! Since they own Cobalt. So if you end up with one we’d love to get your captains report and see some water sports shots!tygar78 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:06 am Agreed. I have a friend with a R7 and it is an amazing boat. That said, the base R7 is out of my budget before you add the Surf option.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

