Nice gift! I ordered one and got an email from Mr. Richter himself. I thought that was pretty cool. The anchor came with 75’ of rope and 4’ of coated chain.
Anchor
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
-
Stagdad
- Commander

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 am
- Location: The Bluegrass State
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
Yeah, just found out that the anchor locker is too small! This was one of my selling points to the wife. Right now it is stowed under on of the bow seats, but still.....Gonna have to look at some others listed here. 
Stagdad(Brian & Linda)
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Away Port Lake Cumberland / Dale Hollow
220s V8 300VP
Home Port Northern KY
Away Port Lake Cumberland / Dale Hollow
Re: Anchor
I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.
Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
Re: Anchor
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it. Past weekend i had to haul up some kind of damn cable it hooked into to and didn't release.
My official account on artifacts ive pulled up are a huge rock, a couple large tree branches, and cable of some sort.
Windlass on this lake is a risky proposition unfortunately.....otherwise they're awesome
My official account on artifacts ive pulled up are a huge rock, a couple large tree branches, and cable of some sort.
Windlass on this lake is a risky proposition unfortunately.....otherwise they're awesome
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
.Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
That’s what she said.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
- Table Rockin
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
- Location: St. Louis area
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
Lol Aslan! I concedeAsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm.Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
That’s what she said.
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
Re: Anchor
Whoa! A7 is feeling frisky!AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm.Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
That’s what she said.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: Anchor
I got mine stuck pretty good at the very end of the season last fall. I was over there in Naked (gobblers) cove and I literally pulled half a tree up with the anchor. I had to snap the tree in half and throw it back in the water.Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it. Past weekend i had to haul up some kind of damn cable it hooked into to and didn't release.
My official account on artifacts ive pulled up are a huge rock, a couple large tree branches, and cable of some sort.
Windlass on this lake is a risky proposition unfortunately.....otherwise they're awesome
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
But he still said it with a smileYtmsn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 amWhoa! A7 is feeling frisky!AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:04 pm.Table Rockin wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm Ill tell you what ive had issues with my digger not releasing when i yank on it.
That’s what she said.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
Re: Anchor
how deep of water are you normally anchoring in? The problem I have is I am normally anchoring in 40-60ft of water so retrieving a 25lb anchor can get rather heavy. Especially if it gets caught on something.Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
-
Dropped Anchor
- Captain

- Posts: 201
- Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
This past weekend I was 30’ at one spot and 15’ or so at another. So nothing crazy, but zero movement.tgrace98 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:46 pmhow deep of water are you normally anchoring in? The problem I have is I am normally anchoring in 40-60ft of water so retrieving a 25lb anchor can get rather heavy. Especially if it gets caught on something.Dropped Anchor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm The 25 lb Richter anchor is legit with the CS22. I don’t move at all. I use a 10 pound mushroom of the back of the boat to help keep the boat aligned. But the Richter has out performed every other anchor I have seen used.
2019 CS22
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
240 DP
Lake Martin, AL
Re: Anchor
I Dig the Diggertgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pmGet yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Anchor
I like my digger too. But I usually just reach down and pick it up off the bottom. I just use the 6ft chain for looks. I use the 2lbs mushroom off the back too.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests
