Anchor

User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 pm I like my digger too. But I usually just reach down and pick it up off the bottom. I just use the 6ft chain for looks. I use the 2lbs mushroom off the back too.
:lol: :lol:
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm
MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by tgrace98 »

MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm
MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
You don’t need chain for sure. I know Table Rockin has chain on his. Maybe that is why it won’t release from time to time. I don’t on mine. But anyways I have 100ft of rope on mine.

Ps- we need to meet up sometime. I’d love to see that 292 of yours.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Ytmsn »

tgrace98 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 am
MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
You don’t need chain for sure. I know Table Rockin has chain on his. Maybe that is why it won’t release from time to time. I don’t on mine. But anyways I have 100ft of rope on mine.

Ps- we need to meet up sometime. I’d love to see that 292 of yours.
June 7th or 8th would be a good time!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by akorcovelos »

cmattj wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 pm I like my digger too. But I usually just reach down and pick it up off the bottom. I just use the 6ft chain for looks. I use the 2lbs mushroom off the back too.
:lol: :lol:
Don't laugh, I do the same thing.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am
cmattj wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 pm I like my digger too. But I usually just reach down and pick it up off the bottom. I just use the 6ft chain for looks. I use the 2lbs mushroom off the back too.
:lol: :lol:
Don't laugh, I do the same thing.
I think I'm adding windlass this off season.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by akorcovelos »

Big Block Power wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:22 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am
cmattj wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:03 pm

:lol: :lol:
Don't laugh, I do the same thing.
I think I'm adding windlass this off season.
we can go halfsies on 40' of rope.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
‘Direct Deposit Too’
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:26 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:22 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:56 am

Don't laugh, I do the same thing.
I think I'm adding windlass this off season.
we can go halfsies on 40' of rope.
Still too long 20. Works. We can give bfun the extra too. I think he's in 3 feet of water
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Driller »

MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm
MikeBo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:01 pm I have the windlass and it has a fortress on it, it works ok on Tablerock, but it is going to get stuck, I have had to muscle it out several times, including this week, the bad deal is the windlass is designed for that type anchor. Any suggestions for an alternate on TBLR?
Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
Don't know if I need it or not, but I've got 6' of chain and about 175' of rope on mine. Lake Travis is very deep and I can't aways get enough rope out for the 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. Mine releases with no problem with the chain. I'm usually anchoring up in deep water and there are many shallow beaches on Travis. maybe TableRockin is being affected by too much lemonade.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
rrfisher
Commander
Commander
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:52 pm
Location: Austin
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by rrfisher »

Nice thing about the Richter is it doesn't require as much to set. I do Travis with an 18lb Richter and 100' rode and it works fine, even in Devils Cove.
2001 206 5.0 Gi
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

tgrace98 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 am
MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am
tgrace98 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Get yourself a digger Anchor. they are cheap enough if you have to cut the rope it isn’t the end of the world. I have been using a digger on TRL for about 15 months now and have never had an issue getting it to grab.

I was actually going to get windlass on my r7 and the dealer talked me out of it. Said it would just get stuck on trl.
Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
You don’t need chain for sure. I know Table Rockin has chain on his. Maybe that is why it won’t release from time to time. I don’t on mine. But anyways I have 100ft of rope on mine.

Ps- we need to meet up sometime. I’d love to see that 292 of yours.
Love to meet up, and thanks for the response, I am ordering from overtons now. I unfortunately can’t make the 6th and 7th, second year in a row it overlaps my family vacation. We will be down three weekends in July? Would love to see your boat and share some Swamp Water my signature drink.
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Big Block Power »

MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 am
MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am

Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
You don’t need chain for sure. I know Table Rockin has chain on his. Maybe that is why it won’t release from time to time. I don’t on mine. But anyways I have 100ft of rope on mine.

Ps- we need to meet up sometime. I’d love to see that 292 of yours.
Love to meet up, and thanks for the response, I am ordering from overtons now. I unfortunately can’t make the 6th and 7th, second year in a row it overlaps my family vacation. We will be down three weekends in July? Would love to see your boat and share some Swamp Water my signature drink.
Bring cheetos with you. Lol
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by Ytmsn »

MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 am
MikeBo wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am

Tgrace, my understanding is that you don’t use chain with a Digger, is that correct? Just curious how much rope you put on it?
You don’t need chain for sure. I know Table Rockin has chain on his. Maybe that is why it won’t release from time to time. I don’t on mine. But anyways I have 100ft of rope on mine.

Ps- we need to meet up sometime. I’d love to see that 292 of yours.
Love to meet up, and thanks for the response, I am ordering from overtons now. I unfortunately can’t make the 6th and 7th, second year in a row it overlaps my family vacation. We will be down three weekends in July? Would love to see your boat and share some Swamp Water my signature drink.
Swamp water? Oh do tell! So far lemonade is the CC drink of choice around here, and it pretty much covers everything. But swamp water?
Say...
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
MikeBo
Commander
Commander
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm
Location: Stilwell, Ks.
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by MikeBo »

It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.

Stilwell Ks, boat at Tablerock
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Anchor

Post by NautiGirl »

MikeBo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm It’s my signature drink, I hate to give it away? But here it goes. Can of lemonade, can of Orange Juice, fifth of Tito’s, 7 cups of water, Stir up and Freeze. Makes a slush, serve it in an insulated cup and top with a little sprite or diet sprite! Boom!

Be prepared for tops to fall off🤪
What about DPs? Does it do that too? That's a thing around here too.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 30 guests