Hello all!
I'm a relatively new owner of a 2002 282. Recently while cruising 25mph, the accessories fuse tripped which killed all power to the boat.
I was able to locate the fuse panel and after pushing up the accessories fuse button, the boat powered up. When this occurred all lights were on, stereo was on, bilge pump was on, and I was adjusting the trim and tabs.
Another occurrence happened same as above a few days later.
Any words of wisdom or should have the dealer take a look?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Fuse Problem
-
panoramapoint
- Ensign

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm
- Location: Table Rock Lake
- Contact:
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Fuse Problem
.
Hello PP. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
Sorry to hear about your circuit tripping woes. Sounds like you were placing quite a demand on the electrical system with more amps than the circuit breaker can take.
You can have the dealer take a look but I would just remember not to run all those accessories at once.
Any pics of your Cobalt?
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
Hello PP. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!
Sorry to hear about your circuit tripping woes. Sounds like you were placing quite a demand on the electrical system with more amps than the circuit breaker can take.
You can have the dealer take a look but I would just remember not to run all those accessories at once.
Any pics of your Cobalt?
Again welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
-
panoramapoint
- Ensign

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm
- Location: Table Rock Lake
- Contact:
Re: Fuse Problem
Thank you for the response.
I added a couple pictures.
Happy and Safe 4th!
I added a couple pictures.
Happy and Safe 4th!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Fuse Problem
.panoramapoint wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:18 pm Thank you for the response.
I added a couple pictures.
Happy and Safe 4th!
Gorgeous pics. The 282 with the stainless arch is one of my faves.
Btw, a fuse is normally an electrical safety device consisting of a wire that melts and interrupts the circuit when the current exceeds a particular amperage. It’s replaced when one sees the wire in the fuse melted or “broken “.
I think you’re talking about a circuit breaker.—a switch that automatically interrupts the current of an overloaded electric circuit. You push (or reset) the tripped breaker after it pops or “trips”.
Both serve similar purposes....to protect the wiring and/or component.
With that being said, there are quite a few circuit breakers under the dash of your 282. Which circuit breaker did you reset?
Certain high demand components will have their own breaker. Other low demand (low amperage) components will be bundled into one breaker to save money. If you’re running a bunch of low demand accessories (interior lights, exterior lights, and other low demand components etc.) all at once, it can overload that accessory breaker. Just look underneath and see what does not have it’s own breaker and it may be bundled with that accessory one that popped.
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: Fuse Problem
Great looking 282! Loce to see more pics!
As A7 said it’s just too many things at once. One interesting thing is that it appears the accessory switch is wired upstream bridged to these other items?
I’ve never flipped mine for all other have there own source.. or so I thought? So much for the Disco ball
As A7 said it’s just too many things at once. One interesting thing is that it appears the accessory switch is wired upstream bridged to these other items?
I’ve never flipped mine for all other have there own source.. or so I thought? So much for the Disco ball
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests
