Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post Reply
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by cmattj »

I recently noticed the New Cobalt apparel for their 50th anniversary line. Yes I spent more $$

http://cobaltsports.com/50th-anniversary/

But then I thought it strange that Both Cobalt and Chevrolet use the same type of Red , White, Blue Logo..

Same ad Agency?? or was America engrossed in the Red, white and blue during that period of our history. (it was a Busy time)

I thought I would Share as Chevrolet and Cobalt are my favorite things....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by AsLan7 »

.
Wow

Amazing the similarities.

Nice shirt Matt
Very cool.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Big Block Power »

Interesting :-) I'll take one or two of each :-)
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Soonerfan
Captain
Captain
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Soonerfan »

I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 R7 Surf (Sold Fall 2021)
2022 R8 Surf Ordered August 2021
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Big Block Power »

Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Sorry but what were you thinking. Yt got it before me.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by cmattj »

Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Soonerfan
Captain
Captain
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Soonerfan »

cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
I always loved that nose stripe on your 67! You must be a fan of "My Cousin Vinny" as no one says youttte unless you are! :D

Many times I think back and wish I had a large barn somewhere to keep all my past toys! It would be pretty full by now!
2018 R7 Surf (Sold Fall 2021)
2022 R8 Surf Ordered August 2021
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
Oh my those are beautiful. Oh to have them again.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by Driller »

My 2nd car was a Camero. '72 after they screwed up the body and cut back the power. Always wanted a '69 SS.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by cmattj »

Driller wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 pm My 2nd car was a Camero. '72 after they screwed up the body and cut back the power. Always wanted a '69 SS.
Funny Is I always wanted to do a split bumper 1970-73 rs.
Soonerfan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
I always loved that nose stripe on your 67! You must be a fan of "My Cousin Vinny" as no one says youttte unless you are! :D

Yep.. Cousin Vinnie Is classic Joe Pesci. I'm a transplanted NYC guy so it brings me home .
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Cobalt and Camaro turn 50?

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm
cmattj wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:06 am
Soonerfan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:28 am I love Camaro's as well! This is one of my toys from past. Sorry to say I made a mistake and sold it a few years ago at an auction in Dallas and it would have been 50 next year!
Beautiful RS Sooner.. Dont be sad. I too have had my Share of Camaros from past.... My red 67 RS/SS Like yours.. And my 1969 RS/SS that I built for NMCA and NHRA Racing back in my troubled youttte days. When Camaros where plenty-full it didn't matter.... Ahh To have them now!!
Oh my those are beautiful. Oh to have them again.
My wife just told me yesterday when I posted the Pics.

"you should have kept The 69 and returned it to the street .. But Noooooo you said we can do another one "......... I smiled painfully. :lol:

Like Sooner said. "If I had a barn and a crystal Ball..
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests