New Boat Owner
-
RebaLiberty
- Ensign

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 am
- Location: Illinois
- Contact:
New Boat Owner
We are totally new to boating. I boated as a teenager, but that was quite a long time ago.
We are looking to purchase a 2001 Cobalt 190 that we found on facebook marketplace. Where is the best place to figure out a fair price for this boat? Nada guides says around $12,000 for boat and trailer. This guy is selling for $18,000 - that's a bit of a difference. I got the engine details from the seller and this additional information: "Is4.3 210 hp. Tires on the trailer New new battery new fish finder carpet inside new propeller. New Radio everything running great" Curious if anyone had any insight on the price. Is Nada usually a good guide for pricing? I've added a few photos of the boat as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
rabiddawg
- Captain

- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 am
- Location: Lafayette, La.
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
I can’t help you on the value.
Unfortunately it’s a sellers market. Only you can determine if it’s a fair price for you.
I know this. Last summer when I was shopping it became very frustrating to find a boat I was interested in only to see it marked sold in less than an hour of being listed.
Good luck and welcome to the forum
Unfortunately it’s a sellers market. Only you can determine if it’s a fair price for you.
I know this. Last summer when I was shopping it became very frustrating to find a boat I was interested in only to see it marked sold in less than an hour of being listed.
Good luck and welcome to the forum
2003 262 8.1 Volvo
Re: New Boat Owner
The swim deck itself cost about 2k.
In this market you will know if its priced too high if its still for sale in a week. sometimes day.
There is a 220 for sale at clearlake boats in IA, which if I were looking at both would lean toward the 220.
https://www.clearlakeboats.com/default. ... dInventory
In this market you will know if its priced too high if its still for sale in a week. sometimes day.
There is a 220 for sale at clearlake boats in IA, which if I were looking at both would lean toward the 220.
https://www.clearlakeboats.com/default. ... dInventory
CS23
-
RebaLiberty
- Ensign

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:02 am
- Location: Illinois
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
Thank you for the replies! I appreciate it. It's been on the market for 2 weeks. I'll give it some more time. I appreciate the link to the 220! I'll check it out!
- Krob1114
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1876
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:03 am
- Location: Greer’s Ferry Lake, AR
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
Welcome to cobaltchat. I second all the above opinions. The longer you search, do research, etc., the better understanding you'll have of the current market. Usually, if you can wait, the best time to buy a boat is in late August or later. May and June are usually the worst times to buy. Covid has changed everything.
Good luck.
Good luck.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Home in Hernando, MS
- jhnmdahl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2440
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
- Location: Twin Cities, MN
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 8 times
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
A clean, older Cobalt can easily sell for 50% more than “book” value, as they really hold up well over time if they are looked after and the market for quality boats the last couple years has exploded.
My 210 was new in 2015, and I’d have no problem selling it for what I paid for it then in the current market.
My 210 was new in 2015, and I’d have no problem selling it for what I paid for it then in the current market.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
Yea we/ I saw that boat earlier. 2 years ago that's a 10k boat. Me this year 12 to 14. That's my 2 cents. Heck my 220 is on Craigslist for 50k.
That's my covid price!
That's my covid price!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: New Boat Owner
.
Ditto above…and welcome aboard mate!
.
Ditto above…and welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 29 guests