Page 2 of 2

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm
by Dropped Anchor
cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm Tgrace.. who are these people that used your sun pads as entry?? We will need to visit their boats.... with shoes.... and fancy box wine that drips.!!
Freeboard and engine height will always dictate Boat entry. I like them all as climbing pads and stepping on seats is what I did on my past Boats.

And here we are now..
Beautiful boat! I love it.

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 am
by Big Block Power
Again pros and cons to each entry. I wouldn't give mine up either. When your in the water waking through the middle is great. At the dock at my brothers we have no option for stepping on the sunpad. The platform is sticking out past the dock. I through a carpet out a towel down to help ease the pain. The viynl lasted 15 years so I can't complain to bad.

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:05 am
by tgrace98
cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm Tgrace.. who are these people that used your sun pads as entry?? We will need to visit their boats.... with shoes.... and fancy box wine that drips.!!
Freeboard and engine height will always dictate Boat entry. I like them all as climbing pads and stepping on seats is what I did on my past Boats.

And here we are now..
Unfortunately it was my MIL and my Mother. Both are in their 70s so I can't club them. Honestly all the seats in my 262 were starting to show their age.

But I have solved that issue with the new boat. Now with the side entry. Plus I had the marina build a wood deck around the bow area of my new boat and one front seat comes out on the starboard side. So no more stepping on seats :D

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:19 am
by Ytmsn
My starboard sunpad is all cracked up from folks stepping on it over the years, so the sunpad will be getting recovered next fall.

And I found the perfect solution to boarding. If there are lots of folks, I let her down until it's even with the dock and then it's a 12" gap to step over.
20180908_115456.jpg

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:24 am
by tgrace98
Ytmsn wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:19 am My starboard sunpad is all cracked up from folks stepping on it over the years, so the sunpad will be getting recovered next fall.

And I found the perfect solution to boarding. If there are lots of folks, I let her down until it's even with the dock and then it's a 12" gap to step over.
20180908_115456.jpg
I went a different approach. With the lift halfway down anyone can just step over the bow and into the boat. The starboard side cushion on the R7 removes for ease of putting out dock lines or fenders. So I’ve removed that and everyone just steps in from the deck.

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:11 pm
by Ytmsn
That's looking sweet tgrace!

Re: 2005 262

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:16 pm
by cmattj
tgrace98 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:24 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:19 am My starboard sunpad is all cracked up from folks stepping on it over the years, so the sunpad will be getting recovered next fall.

And I found the perfect solution to boarding. If there are lots of folks, I let her down until it's even with the dock and then it's a 12" gap to step over.
20180908_115456.jpg
I went a different approach. With the lift halfway down anyone can just step over the bow and into the boat. The starboard side cushion on the R7 removes for ease of putting out dock lines or fenders. So I’ve removed that and everyone just steps in from the deck.
I can see how high the dock is when your all the way down. Now it makes sense !
Looking good!!