Page 2 of 3
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm
by Whippled263
Aslan that hull guard is robbing you of A mph!
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:35 pm
by AsLan7
Whippled263 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:28 pm
Aslan that hull guard is robbing you of A mph!
.
I know. It came with the boat. I'm willing to sacrifice 1 mph for the amount of times we are on the beach.
Plus that's one less part of the hull we have to clean.
.
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm
by juddmyers
20171113_172757.jpg
20171113_172752.jpg
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:43 pm
by AsLan7
.
Call me sacrilegious, but Lysol toilet bowl cleaner or The Works toilet bowl cleaner will take that right off. Just pour into a spray bottle, spray your hull bottom...and rinse. Don't laugh until you have tried it. It will work great on your 16 year old hull bottom.
.
.
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm
by NautiGirl
I have heard "the Works" works really well, just never had anything bad enough to have to try it!
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm
by Bfun220
Used the works on my old boat. Worked great.
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm
by lilhackster
Hi. my 360 sits in a marina from April to October, no bottom paint, end of season I clean it the #1 cleaner is mary kate on off hull cleaner hands down. the second best is muriatic acid, it can be bought at home depot for 4 dollars a gallon, I use 2.
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:16 pm
by AsLan7
LOOKING GOOD, lilhackster!!!!
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:19 pm
by lilhackster
thanks, takes me 1 day to clean, not bad but I get it spotless, then i will buff and polish when its in storage.
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm
by juddmyers
Any fear of those cleaners with acid damaging the gel coat?
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 pm
by Big Block Power
juddmyers wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm
Any fear of those cleaners with acid damaging the gel coat?
No but be careful on your trailer. Water is your friend. Rinse. I've seen worse. But I've also seen it where it had to be sanded off. Starbright hull cleaner is great. I've used lysol gel toilet cleaner it worked great on my red boat. Only thing that would clean it. Lilhackster I thought lake Michigan was clean

Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:41 pm
by lilhackster
acid does not damage gel coat, I do a 50/50 acid water on the drives and rinse with water, It will eat paint off a trailer though.........ask me how I know haha
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm
by lilhackster
you know how it goes BB depends how the wind blows, all crap coming up from the city
Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm
by AsLan7
LilHackster, I'm curious, do you keep your boat in the water for the summer with no bottom paint on her? I don't see any on that VERY clean hull.

Re: cleaning
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm
by lilhackster
no bottom paint, docked in water all summer, knock on gel coat no blisters,