Page 3 of 5
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:11 pm
by gdane
JTinMO wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am
gdane wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 am
JTinmo We tend to Loce the same things. Where do ya boat?
sent PM. Don't want to hijack the thread.
Got Cha Answered on your PM
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 pm
by Tuscany
I also agree Maui’s are the absolute best grade of lense, with Revo a close second. My only complaint with Maui Jim’s are the frame choices. My wife might have a dozen pair, and I can’t find one set of frames I like.
I’ve been wearing plain old Ray Ban Wayfarer P for quite some time now. They just fit me the best, and are the best on a motorcycle since Gargoyles..
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:24 am
by gdane
Tusc I was a Maui believer my self until I tried Costa . Go try on a pair! Your eye balls will thank-you

Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:16 pm
by liquid
JTinMO wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am
gdane wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 am
JTinmo We tend to Loce the same things. Where do ya boat?
sent PM. Don't want to hijack the thread.
JT you hijack this thread or GTFO heeeeere.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 pm
by akorcovelos
Since we're on the topic of sunglasses, anyone like baseball?
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:22 pm
by liquid
gdane wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 am
Went fishing down in the gulf and the guides were all wearing Costa sunglasses. Man once you try these watch out because that's the only brand you will want to wear. Costa's have a cooling effect on the eye balls. If you purchase go with the glass lenses the plastic scratches to easily. You won't be disappointed!
My two cents. Just bought two pair of Oakley's - Old school clear Frogskins with the green Prizms and the Holbrooks. Short answer , yes they make a Uge difference.
BUT - There is simply 0 substitute for Costa's when it comes to fishing and seeing the water.
Plus i like a fancy pair too. Some big old metal Prada or Versace... think Elvis.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:24 pm
by liquid
akorcovelos wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Since we're on the topic of sunglasses, anyone like baseball?
This guy gets it.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 pm
by JTinMO
nope
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:59 pm
by Jeeper
I’ve been a Maui Jim fan for years, probably have had over a dozen pairs. After reading this thread I saw a pair of Costa blue lenses for 30% off so I bought them. Planning on leaving them on the boat. One more thing to try out when I get the R5.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:07 am
by Ytmsn
Haha! Get 'em Liquid! What fun is there in reading a post that hasn't been horribly derailed?
Nice try Akor but sunglasses and baseball kinda go together. You have to really twist off, but be subtle about it. Like for instance, ask a question about cleaning your sunglasses, that will segway into cleaning your boats interior, which will segway into the best craft beer to drink while cleaning. Next thing you know, we're debating what oil to use. Or trailer tires. Or cheater poles. See how this works?
Jtin you're a little lame. Just sayin!


Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 am
by akorcovelos
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:07 am
Haha! Get 'em Liquid! What fun is there in reading a post that hasn't been horribly derailed?
Nice try Akor but sunglasses and baseball kinda go together. You have to really twist off, but be subtle about it. Like for instance, ask a question about cleaning your sunglasses, that will segway into cleaning your boats interior, which will segway into the best craft beer to drink while cleaning. Next thing you know, we're debating what oil to use. Or trailer tires. Or cheater poles. See how this works?
Jtin you're a little lame. Just sayin!


well played Yt, well played.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pm
by Ratherbeinbimini
I'm was a salt water guy for years and have been through all the name brands but Costa 580 glass is what I will wear from now on. The optics are as good or better than maui jim, the glare reduction beats oakley and the scratch resistance on the glass is not comparable to any other I have tried. You can literally pull your keys out of your pocket and rub them on the lens and not leave a mark. That is how I was sold on my first pair 20 years ago. Just remember glass lenses both the 400G or 580G. The poly lenses are good but not scratch resistant.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:29 pm
by JTinMO
I hope this is ok, but for those of you on the hunt, you can try my favorite Costa's for a very cheap price on Amazon right now.
.
At this link
.
I already tested this, bought two pairs, and got them yesterday. They are 100% legit. 580G polarized lenses. Warranty card, case, etc. Last week they were $125, now about $130-ish. Considering the last pair I bought was $240, this is a damn fine deal.
I am set for a long while on glasses.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:29 am
by TTU
I started with Ray Ban's until I found Maui's and I was hooked. That is until I moved down south and found Costas.
After that I will never go back to any other brand. The clarity is next to none and are all around great sunglasses.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 am
by DJBlaylock01
gdane wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 am
Went fishing down in the gulf and the guides were all wearing Costa sunglasses. Man once you try these watch out because that's the only brand you will want to wear. Costa's have a cooling effect on the eye balls. If you purchase go with the glass lenses the plastic scratches to easily. You won't be disappointed!
I have the Costa glass polarized JOSE model. Love them. Will not boat without them. Full day on the water and the eye strain was horrible before I got them. Now no problem!