Page 3 of 3

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm
by AsLan7
akorcovelos wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Second, on topic, I’m probably one of the only ones here that prefers two piece snap covers.
.
I’m with you regarding the snap-on cover akor. 8-)

.

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:24 am
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Second, on topic, I’m probably one of the only ones here that prefers two piece snap covers.
.
I’m with you regarding the snap-on cover akor. 8-)

.
I added the bow and cockpit cover last year because I like them better for how I use the boat. I have the factory Westland cover and it's a bitch to put on if the boat is in the water. If I had the new underarmour cover then I might change my mind. Or if my boat sat outside or moored. But it's a garage baby so no need.

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:01 am
by Ytmsn
For our use, its snaps for trailer or overnight, mooring for extended stays on the lift or storage.
And welcome!

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:02 am
by akorcovelos
ok, guess I'm not alone, lol.

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:07 am
by cmattj
BrockA25 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:56 pm The mooring cover runs 62gps with the Bravo 1 lower, and 60gps with the Bravo 3 lower, I have had both on it. It has the merc racing X-haust, so its fairly quiet. Will launch and out run most new jet boats with acceleration. Will do the same top speeds with 2 or 10 people on board, it doesnt recognize weight too much. It is my 2nd A series boat, the last one had the merc 8.2HO. The 520 picked up about 6 or 7mph over the 8.2 HO. I stayed with the bravo 3 lower due to water sports. Been a good boat, has about 105hrs on it, and will be for sale at the end of this season. I am moving up to possibly an R7 next season.
Nice numbers considering the weight and the extra Blades of the B3. 4 Blades are faster but like you said there are slip numbers that come into play. Plus the idle speed wander. Wonder if the performance wood improve with a bow cover? ( see how I slip the topic in there haha). Awesome combo and look forward to more pics!
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:24 am
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:29 pm

Second, on topic, I’m probably one of the only ones here that prefers two piece snap covers.
.
I’m with you regarding the snap-on cover akor. 8-)

.
I added the bow and cockpit cover last year because I like them better for how I use the boat. I have the factory Westland cover and it's a bitch to put on if the boat is in the water. If I had the new underarmour cover then I might change my mind. Or if my boat sat outside or moored. But it's a garage baby so no need.
Because ours sits on a Hoist I use the Mooring cover mostly unless its a late night come home or planning a next day departure (week ends) . I prefer the full side cover as it lessens dust, and obvious unneeded sun exposure.

My thoughts are if I was getting a new boat I would consider starting with just the mooring cover or "snap less" half cover. Then you could have your own shop add a bow and cockpit cover that you could customize the snaps (locations and amounts). My Last boat had them under the rub rail, and were almost invisible. Easy to install the cover quickly and spaced out nicely. Just a thought as if my Hull was a blank canvas I would do it on this one.
.

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:59 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hadn't seen that pic before Matt....nice brutha!

.

Re: New Owner, mooring cover vs. tonneau snaps?

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 pm
by 1995 Cobalt 220
My boat will be on the buoy, in the water. Currently have mooring cover. Tahoe Canvas' sales pitch was: it's safer in the water to install bow and cockpit cover with snaps, on the water. She tells the story of an "old guy" that fell off his boat, hit his head (and died) while installing mooring cover......Could be BS, but I am an "old guy" and I like the clean look of bow and cockpit covers....