Page 4 of 18

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:41 pm
by Ytmsn
I'm in! It sounds like a blast!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 pm
by Tuscany
No updates worth posting today. They worked on building the eaves, installing soffit, and boring time consuming stuff that doesn't show progress. Monday, the roof goes on.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:30 pm
by ajcampen
Sorry T, none of that happened bc of no pics. Just post

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:02 pm
by Big Block Power
liquid wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 pm
Tuscany wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 pm Oh yeeeaaaahh.
The center WILL be wide open for cobalt chat slumber parties. Cable 75" TV will be mounted on the wall. For those scary movies..you know, Sea Ray Swim decks and the horror of Bayliner images.
Smoker is there, I know a guy who can supply all of the meat, seafood, and milk & cookies we can eat :)
Add in a few cocktails, and we'll give a new name to garage boating.
My wife will be so embarrassed of me! :lol:
My wife is already embarrassed of me. Tell her join the club.

Is it weird that this actually sounds like a good time to me?
Liquid it's not just your wife. We all are embarrassed of you.
Tuscany I think a Niagara trip is in order.lol I think this would be fun.lol

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 pm
by AsLan7
Tuscany wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 pm Oh yeeeaaaahh.
The center WILL be wide open for cobalt chat slumber parties. Cable 75" TV will be mounted on the wall. For those scary movies..you know, Sea Ray Swim decks and the horror of Bayliner images.
Smoker is there, I know a guy who can supply all of the meat, seafood, and milk & cookies we can eat :)
Add in a few cocktails, and we'll give a new name to garage boating.
My wife will be so embarrassed of me! :lol:
Awesome, T!

I'm in 👍🏻😁

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:24 am
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:02 pm
liquid wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:21 pm
Tuscany wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 pm Oh yeeeaaaahh.
The center WILL be wide open for cobalt chat slumber parties. Cable 75" TV will be mounted on the wall. For those scary movies..you know, Sea Ray Swim decks and the horror of Bayliner images.
Smoker is there, I know a guy who can supply all of the meat, seafood, and milk & cookies we can eat :)
Add in a few cocktails, and we'll give a new name to garage boating.
My wife will be so embarrassed of me! :lol:
My wife is already embarrassed of me. Tell her join the club.

Is it weird that this actually sounds like a good time to me?
Liquid it's not just your wife. We all are embarrassed of you.
Tuscany I think a Niagara trip is in order.lol I think this would be fun.lol
Again. Just mean spirited. So hurt right now.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 am
by Southernboatman
Tuscany wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:01 pm Today's update.
One of our Yorkie killer guard dogs "Rocco" taking a security lap..
I have no plans for a bathroom. We're trying to keep our tax assessment in check, which is not easy here.
It's right across the driveway from my house, so a bathroom is steps away. Its strictly a garage for two vehicles and a center section for my tractor.
Tuscany just curious- tax wise-can you add plumbing roughed in but not complete a bathroom until later if/when you could call the govt and report in.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 am
by Tuscany
I'm sure it depends on how your local laws are written, and how your building inspector classifies the building for the assessor.
Ask your assessor for the figure. You don't deal with NY taxes, (right Liquid?) so it's probably not as bad of a jump as you might think.
Tax, IMO is not the determining factor. If you need a bathroom, just do it. If not, then don't.
In my case, I really don't. It's simply a garage. For the expense it would cost me to hook to the sewer, it makes zero sense for me.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 am
by Southernboatman
Just a thought. I'm not building a garage. But if we're having that party in the boat cave some of us, I won't try to guess who, are gonna need to track to the bushes pretty often!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 am
by Ytmsn
I'll bring the chips, salsa and beer! Probally some Okie style jalapeno poppers, and some buffalo wings. Southern, we can just use the head in Tuscs boat and he can pump it out next spring, no worries.

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:28 am
by ajcampen
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 am I'll bring the chips, salsa and beer! Probally some Okie style jalapeno poppers, and some buffalo wings. Southern, we can just use the head in Tuscs boat and he can pump it out next spring, no worries.
Ytmsn....you can't bring buffalo wings to Buffalo from OK....this area shows you how good they can be. I'll bring wings from Bar Bill Tavern in East Aurora Ny

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 am
by Ytmsn
I'm in!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:58 am
by Southernboatman
Makes sense AJ! YT wasn't thinking in his excitement!

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:51 am
by Tuscany
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 am I'll bring the chips, salsa and beer! Probally some Okie style jalapeno poppers, and some buffalo wings. Southern, we can just use the head in Tuscs boat and he can pump it out next spring, no worries.
Yeah YT, WTF? :D Wings to Buffalo? That's like me bringing cheese to BB, or shrimp to SB.
Hell, that's like bringing barbells to SkiSM.. :lol:
Unless it's a local dish or flavor we can't get here, ALL of the food is on us..
I'm thinking a bathroom may not be a bad idea with this crowd partying away. :shock:

Re: The Extra Costs. New boat home.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:30 am
by AsLan7
'Im thinking a bathroom may not be a bad idea with this crowd partying away. :shock:"


.
Roger that--can't wait,T!

.