Page 1 of 2
Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm
by sailor55330
WIth Christmas upon us, I always find myself in a dilemma. I kind of like to give gifts, but I absolutely hate to shop and wrap. So, which is worse for you....wrapping or shopping? (we all know paying sucks).
Yes, I'm summer activity person trapped in a cold land who's mind runs amuck......
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:39 pm
by AsLan7
Loce shopping

....wrapping not so much.

Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:20 pm
by thunder550
Wrapping...if there's a definition of a non-value add activity, this is it. Let me go spend money on some fancy paper, cut it up, tape it to a box (making the box harder to open, which is the ultimate goal), then rip up the fancy paper that I just paid for, make a mess that needs to be cleaned up, and then put the fancy paper in the trash. All in the name of disguising something from the person that it is intended to be given to

Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 pm
by AsLan7
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:56 pm
by tgrace98
Wrapping for sure. I pretty much buy everything online now so I got all my shopping done at work this year lol. I asked my wife for this. Think Santa will deliver?
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:02 pm
by AsLan7
tgrace98 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:56 pm
Wrapping for sure. I pretty much buy everything online now so I got all my shopping done at work this year lol. I asked my wife for this. Think Santa will deliver?
Hey, I just saw that on the Cobaltboats.com picture gallery site. Someone will have a Christmas to remember with that gift tg98.
.
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 pm
by Big Block Power
GD and I are going shopping tomorrow for great grandma. Shipping is always fun. Mostly online this year. I get more fun out of making sure my wife doesn't see what the brown truck brings us. Or me. Lol
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm
by Tuscany
I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall..

..so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..

What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:37 pm
by akorcovelos
Bought all my Christmas presents on Amazon on cyber monday, and checked the 'gift wrap' box, done! It even pre-populates a heartless generic gift tag so I don't have to write anything. Winning!
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:41 pm
by Tuscany
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:15 pm
by cmattj
Tuscany wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm
I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall..

..so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..

What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
I’m with you as this was the first year everything was done online. I feel naughty

Christmas bags and Foo Foo tissue paper are half of them. Yeah I like wrapping. Lol
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:42 pm
by Bobo87
cmattj wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:15 pm
Tuscany wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm
I’ve got it licked folks.
I’m not a shopping lover, in fact, I’d rather have a root canal than shop at the mall..

..so I now shop on my iPad and let FedEx bring the packages. Then, I nicely ask my son to wrap them ..

What a kid!
It seems like I’m doing more and more on line, and less at the malls.
I’m with you as this was the first year everything was done online. I feel naughty

Christmas bags and Foo Foo tissue paper are half of them. Yeah I like wrapping. Lol
Ever stepped foot in a store this year either. The hardest part was what to get for everyone. Thanks to our Cobalt tour, lots are getting Cobalt and Cobalt Chat Gear!

Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:14 am
by Ytmsn
I'm with you Thunder. When I was young and broke I wrapped everything in newspaper cartoons. And believe it or not I hate being in a crowd unless I have a microphone in my hand selling something...
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 am
by NautiGirl
Well since I am the only girl on the site it's no shocker I'm the only one who loces wrapping! As a former Hallmark girl in my younger days I can wrap like a Boss! It might be my OCD but I love a perfectly wrapped box with clean edges and all the curling ribbon!
Re: Which is Worse?
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:14 am
by cmattj
NautiGirl wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 am
Well since I am the only girl on the site it's no shocker I'm the only one who loces wrapping! As a former Hallmark girl in my younger days I can wrap like a Boss! It might be my OCD but I love a perfectly wrapped box with clean edges and all the curling ribbon!
Then Mr Nauti rips the paper with all disregard of the process.
How does this make you feel? Lol