R5 Geneva interior

(R3-R8, R30, R35)
Post Reply
nick@bondbg.com.au
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 am
Contact:

R5 Geneva interior

Post by nick@bondbg.com.au »

I have just laid down a deposit on a new R5. I have a day or so to finalise the interior trim. I am leaning toward a black hull and sides with the Geneva interior. Does any one have a bout with this colour scheme and or can give me any feedback on why I should steer clear of this combination? I am keen on the Geneva for its ease on keeping it clean as opposed to the white.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by Big Block Power »

My guess you wouldn't ask that question if you weren't worried about it getting hot. Yep it will get hotter than the white. Tgrace98 may have some insight on this. The harbor had one in there inventory for awhile.
I personally would get white vinyl and black stiching. That will help it look and stay cleaner.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by cmattj »

I’ll go for the warmer Geneva. Although white will show you were it needs to be cleaned I do like the foolery of the darker colors.
It will look good.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by tgrace98 »

Where I boat I would never do the geneva. It gets hot and we often see upper 90's to low 100's and humidity on my home lake. I talked to the dealer about it as they had one in the show room and they said the exact same thing. They spec'd one out because they had a lot of customers asking for it.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Norris_Boating
Captain
Captain
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 7:19 am
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by Norris_Boating »

Big Block Power wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:24 am I personally would get white vinyl and black stiching. That will help it look and stay cleaner.
I have White vinyl and black stitching and it is easy to keep clean.

I wouldn't do it if it was only for "keeping it clean" It isn't hard to keep the white clean. Most things just wipe off with a wet cloth.
2016 220
2019 R7 Surf
White and Red V8-380CE EVC DP (FWD) - 380 hp
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by AsLan7 »

Norris_Boating wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:24 am I personally would get white vinyl and black stiching. That will help it look and stay cleaner.
I have White vinyl and black stitching and it is easy to keep clean.

I wouldn't do it if it was only for "keeping it clean" It isn't hard to keep the white clean. Most things just wipe off with a wet cloth.
.
+1
Are you from the land down under NickB?

....and welcome aboard mate!

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
nick@bondbg.com.au
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:46 am
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by nick@bondbg.com.au »

Thank you all for your responses. I am from the land down under and with the Aussie dollar not going far when purchasing a U.S built boat I want to get it right. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by tgrace98 »

nick@bondbg.com.au wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:25 pm Thank you all for your responses. I am from the land down under and with the Aussie dollar not going far when purchasing a U.S built boat I want to get it right. Any pics would be greatly appreciated.
Here you go.

https://www.theharbor.com/default.asp?p ... wInventory
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
shrfdeputy
Captain
Captain
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:53 am
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by shrfdeputy »

I was pretty sure I read something on here (or maybe it was Facebook) where someone was in a big tiff with Cobalt about getting Geneva and finding out it was way too hot to ever sit on at anything about 85. I know I read something like that but I can't remember where.
1995 252
VP 7.4 GL
User avatar
Red Herring55
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:46 am
Location: Chicago suburbs
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by Red Herring55 »

When I ordered my 220S I considered Geneva but my salesman talked me out of it. When they had one in stock later I sat on it and found out why--I needed a spatula to scrape my toasted thighs off the seat. Mastercraft now has a darker upholstery option called "Cool feel" that seems to be better at least to some point--I felt it at about 2 pm on a sunny day and was warm but not hot. Not sure if the Geneva is now something similar, but if not unless you primarily use your boat on cloudy days I'd give it a pass.
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by Big Block Power »

Red Herring55 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am When I ordered my 220S I considered Geneva but my salesman talked me out of it. When they had one in stock later I sat on it and found out why--I needed a spatula to scrape my toasted thighs off the seat. Mastercraft now has a darker upholstery option called "Cool feel" that seems to be better at least to some point--I felt it at about 2 pm on a sunny day and was warm but not hot. Not sure if the Geneva is now something similar, but if not unless you primarily use your boat on cloudy days I'd give it a pass.
Yea I've seen the Mastercraft cool seat viynl too. Sorry not buying it. Matt saw the black in Cali and um it was parked under a tree in the shade. I wonder why. Oh it's hot!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: R5 Geneva interior

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:25 pm
Red Herring55 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 am When I ordered my 220S I considered Geneva but my salesman talked me out of it. When they had one in stock later I sat on it and found out why--I needed a spatula to scrape my toasted thighs off the seat. Mastercraft now has a darker upholstery option called "Cool feel" that seems to be better at least to some point--I felt it at about 2 pm on a sunny day and was warm but not hot. Not sure if the Geneva is now something similar, but if not unless you primarily use your boat on cloudy days I'd give it a pass.
Yea I've seen the Mastercraft cool seat viynl too. Sorry not buying it. Matt saw the black in Cali and um it was parked under a tree in the shade. I wonder why. Oh it's hot!
Salesman are crafty :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests