Navigation bow light
Navigation bow light
Navigation light wouldn't come on, decided to trouble shoot out on the water.
Guess where the cover ended up?
So, pictures below.. corrosion seems to be the problem... I can rotate the
led lamp in place and it flickers on and off.
Question is, does anyone know/recognize the fixture manufacturer?
For a 2008 272, probably the same as for 260 series?
The space allowed is tiny... I think I'll need to match it exactly, but will
be looking for anything that will fit the space. (see quarter in pictures
for scale). I would pull the fixture and clean it, if I had a lens/cover, but
my expectation is that I would have to buy the whole thing.
From above: From the side:
Guess where the cover ended up?
So, pictures below.. corrosion seems to be the problem... I can rotate the
led lamp in place and it flickers on and off.
Question is, does anyone know/recognize the fixture manufacturer?
For a 2008 272, probably the same as for 260 series?
The space allowed is tiny... I think I'll need to match it exactly, but will
be looking for anything that will fit the space. (see quarter in pictures
for scale). I would pull the fixture and clean it, if I had a lens/cover, but
my expectation is that I would have to buy the whole thing.
From above: From the side:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Navigation bow light
.
Looks like a Perko to me.
Looks like a Perko to me.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
-
rabiddawg
- Captain

- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 am
- Location: Lafayette, La.
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Navigation bow light
I couldn’t find a lense for mine so I bought a replacement unit. Perko was the manufacturer of mine but styles change and I couldn’t find the exact one.
https://www.perko.com/catalog/category_ ... tal_mount/
https://www.perko.com/catalog/category_ ... tal_mount/
2003 262 8.1 Volvo
Re: Navigation bow light
I'm not happy w/ Perko and returning the unopened package. Chrome is not the answer and that silly festoon bulb is ancient and not LED.
Nobody replied to my thread about pop-up retractable bow light and I don't want to create a 1 1/4" hole in my bow but at least it was SS and led, Not sure what to do for 2021 season but its not Perko. Search continues....
Nobody replied to my thread about pop-up retractable bow light and I don't want to create a 1 1/4" hole in my bow but at least it was SS and led, Not sure what to do for 2021 season but its not Perko. Search continues....
2004 220
Re: Navigation bow light
What dimensions is yours?
This one looks like it might work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Green-LED- ... e4f5f90f06
This one looks like it might work?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Green-LED- ... e4f5f90f06
Re: Navigation bow light
I found (and ordered) this...
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/aqua-si ... tell-tale/
it says "direct replacement for the same light found on Cobalt", and there's one review, which
says "Perfect replacement on my 06 Cobalt 323". It does say it has a stainless steel housing.
What it doesn't do is give the exact measurements. Found a picture at:
https://www.boatid.com/aqua-signal/seri ... ifications
that shows a hold-down screw in approximately the correct place, so decided to go for it.
I will post the result, probably in a couple of weeks.
Subsequent edit.. found measurements on the same item on Amazon:
2 3/8" L x 2" W x 1 1/4" H, which is pretty close... feel better about the guess, and worse about the price...
could have saved $7 if I had seen this earlier. Searched Amazon first, but this didn't show up when searching
for "boat navigation light"... hmm....
https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Signal-Bi-C ... B001B059QS
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/aqua-si ... tell-tale/
it says "direct replacement for the same light found on Cobalt", and there's one review, which
says "Perfect replacement on my 06 Cobalt 323". It does say it has a stainless steel housing.
What it doesn't do is give the exact measurements. Found a picture at:
https://www.boatid.com/aqua-signal/seri ... ifications
that shows a hold-down screw in approximately the correct place, so decided to go for it.
I will post the result, probably in a couple of weeks.
Subsequent edit.. found measurements on the same item on Amazon:
2 3/8" L x 2" W x 1 1/4" H, which is pretty close... feel better about the guess, and worse about the price...
could have saved $7 if I had seen this earlier. Searched Amazon first, but this didn't show up when searching
for "boat navigation light"... hmm....
https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Signal-Bi-C ... B001B059QS
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Re: Navigation bow light
I just replaced the bulb in mine this weekend and given the fact that I was giving attention to the cover for an abnormal amount of time, I can say that the photo looks like it is exactly the same model as OEM. Hope that one works for ya, I will be curious to hear!okielaker wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:16 pm I found (and ordered) this...
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/aqua-si ... tell-tale/
it says "direct replacement for the same light found on Cobalt", and there's one review, which
says "Perfect replacement on my 06 Cobalt 323". It does say it has a stainless steel housing.
What it doesn't do is give the exact measurements. Found a picture at:
https://www.boatid.com/aqua-signal/seri ... ifications
that shows a hold-down screw in approximately the correct place, so decided to go for it.
I will post the result, probably in a couple of weeks.
Subsequent edit.. found measurements on the same item on Amazon:
2 3/8" L x 2" W x 1 1/4" H, which is pretty close... feel better about the guess, and worse about the price...
could have saved $7 if I had seen this earlier. Searched Amazon first, but this didn't show up when searching
for "boat navigation light"... hmm....
https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Signal-Bi-C ... B001B059QS
2011 262 8.1Gi
"Typical Situation"
"Typical Situation"
Re: Navigation bow light
Made it to the lake this weekend, light fixture installed. Mine came fromCD262 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:15 am
I just replaced the bulb in mine this weekend and given the fact that I was giving attention to the cover for an abnormal amount of time, I can say that the photo looks like it is exactly the same model as OEM. Hope that one works for ya, I will be curious to hear!
https://www.wholesalemarine.com/aqua-si ... tell-tale/
but available cheaper and quicker from:
https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Signal-Bi-C ... B001B059QS
The fixture was ALMOST identical:
The mounting holes lined up.. had to splice and solder the wires as I had no tools to re-work
the plug (are those molex, or something else?). The replacement LED bulb I had didn't quite
fit in the new fixture (fit the old fixture ok). The problem was the bracket at the top of the
bulb (two arms that fit around the bulb's end-collar). Had to bend those upward, as the wider
part of the collar bulb collar would not fit in/under the arms. Once the pointed end snapped
into the hole on the end of the top-arm, all was well and secure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Re: Navigation bow light
If you like these you should probably buy two of them because what happened on your left is going to happen to your right....again.
2004 220
Re: Navigation bow light
On my 272, there is only one nav light, with a red filter lens on the port side, and green on the starboard... same bulb suppliesSAB220 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:22 am If you like these you should probably buy two of them because what happened on your left is going to happen to your right....again.
light through both sides. I saw that there are similar-shaped left and right side fixtures available, but I don't have that kind.
The very first picture above is right at the point of the bow.
Knowing I can get another fixture in 2 days from Amazon is comforting, though.
2008 272 8.1L 375hp VP
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Buncombe Creek, Lake Texoma
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

