Page 1 of 1

Bird Repellant Device Clamping

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 8:10 pm
by DEcosse
After my covers got absolutely bombarded by what must have been giant albatrosses (not really but you would think so!) I want to invest in something to at least offer some deterrant.
The Daddi Long Legs seems to ge the most favourable reviews on Amazon



- what surprises me is the lack of good mounting options however
I want to be able to mount it on my tower, but make it easy/quick to clamp on/remove

This type of clamp for a competitor device looks ideal, but the reviews are terrible and it is seemingly not at all robust
But I like the concept and would like something like that



Anyone have any suggestions for a type of clamp that might work?
Maybe I can adapt a general marine tubing clamp .......

Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping

Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:24 pm
by billk2632
Before you invest in all of that, get a plastic owl and leave it hanging from your tower. We used one at out dock, never any bird problems. Cheap and worth a try.

Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping

Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:31 am
by DEcosse
Thanks, I might try that
Does it work for Seagulls (which I presume are the primary offenders)?
We have Bald Headed Eagles here - maybe a plastic Eagle might work too :)

Re: Bird Repellant Device Clamping

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:20 am
by billk2632
Can't say about seagulls - we are on an inland lake. All I know is I tried a few different things and the Owl worked the best. Funny though, it had to be hanging so it moved a little, I mounted it to a post first and it did not work at all, once I hung it from a rafter in the boat dock - no more birds!