Page 1 of 1
Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:59 am
by MAP53
Buying a 212. The only thing I will need that it doesn't have is a transom trim switch. How much trouble and cost is this to do? I can do it myself if I knew the wiring and a source for the switch, or I could just have it done. I heard that our local Cobalt dealer here in Louisville just closed the doors so it might be a do it yourself project.
Thanks
Mark Potter
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am
by Big Block Power
Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:56 am
by NautiGirl
Stokley's in Lexington is our next closest dealer now...gonna miss not have The Boating Center....keep waiting to see if someone else is going to pick that dealership up....
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 am
by MAP53
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am
Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Thank you, i'll check it out.
Mark
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:24 am
by MAP53
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am
Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Looks like the install should be easy enough, tell me more about the "plug and play". Not having the boat here yet I can't go and look. Does it just plug into the trim pump?
Mark
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:18 pm
by Big Block Power
MAP53 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:24 am
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 am
Look in my cobalt upgrade thread. Just buy the mercury switch. It's plug and play.
Looks like the install should be easy enough, tell me more about the "plug and play". Not having the boat here yet I can't go and look. Does it just plug into the trim pump?
Mark
Yes the harness is right there going to the pump. The switch just plugs into each end of the pump harness.you will see it's pretty easy. If you get to it and still need help just yell.my boats in the garage. I perfer the switch on the port side.
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm
by MAP53
Sounds pretty straight fwd. Thanks
Re: Transom Trim Switch
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 pm
by Big Block Power
MAP53 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:24 pm
Sounds pretty straight fwd. Thanks
The bit I used was great and new and glad I taped it first. I didn't have any gell cracking or catching it. The screw holes I drilled backwards first so it doesn't grab the gel coat and crack. Patients is your friend.