What upgrades have you done to your boat?

User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by AsLan7 »

Whitey, that's gorgeous!!!! :shock:

Definitely on my short list. Anything you would do differently?

Just beautiful my friend.
(Btw, the last pic with the two black circles. Cockpit heat outlets? or speakers? :?:
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Ytmsn »

Thanks A7! Those circles are heater vent outlets

Yeah, if I had a do over i would have the logo a touch lower and maybe have the wreath around the C to show a little more detail.

Getting Mr McSticker off was a beotch. I tried to get him all in one piece but he didn't make it. The glue is called PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive) and it works reeeally good after feet have stepped on it all summer. But the way the new stuff turned out makes up for what a pain the old stuff was.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by AsLan7 »

Roger that. Again, love how it turned out buddy. 👌🏻
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
Table Rockin
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1608
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm
Location: St. Louis area
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Table Rockin »

YT looks great man. I love that matting. Id have it all over my floor if i had to redo carpet. And i love the faux teak
2017 R7 WSS Volvo 6.0L 430 HP
"The Mistress"
Table Rock Lake, MO (Indian Point Area)
User avatar
Driller
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Driller »

Looks like a totally different boat. I like the teak much better than the gray. Also, the lines running with the boat just pulls your eyes into it. Great job.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Big Block Power »

Man that is really sharp.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by tgrace98 »

Looks great YT! I’m about to order some myself. Thanks for the advice on the install.
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Ytmsn »

Thanks y'all! I agree Driller, the lines running with the boat make a big difference.

When I originally ordered they were going to put the word Cobalt on the upper deck on one side, and the line were crossways. It didn't look right so we switched and put the logo on top and the word on bottom. That looked way too busy and REally didn't look right so we settled on only the logo on the bottom with the lines running long. We tried it with the logo and a smaller Cobalt beneath on tbe bottom but it just looked too crammed.

I wish the logo was a tad bigger and closer to the edge because it kinda goes up under the top deck, but I can live with it.

One thing that definitely stands out is the "cushiness" with this product. I don't know if the grey stuff was seadek or something else but it was thinner and not as cushy. This Aquamarine product feels better and actually covers better. It's also just a touch larger and covers the entire footprint. And it is SUPER easy to install!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
tgrace98
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2730
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by tgrace98 »

Ytmsn wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:30 am Thanks y'all! I agree Driller, the lines running with the boat make a big difference.

When I originally ordered they were going to put the word Cobalt on the upper deck on one side, and the line were crossways. It didn't look right so we switched and put the logo on top and the word on bottom. That looked way too busy and REally didn't look right so we settled on only the logo on the bottom with the lines running long. We tried it with the logo and a smaller Cobalt beneath on tbe bottom but it just looked too crammed.

I wish the logo was a tad bigger and closer to the edge because it kinda goes up under the top deck, but I can live with it.

One thing that definitely stands out is the "cushiness" with this product. I don't know if the grey stuff was seadek or something else but it was thinner and not as cushy. This Aquamarine product feels better and actually covers better. It's also just a touch larger and covers the entire footprint. And it is SUPER easy to install!
Well I was sold on SeaDek but reading this I think you changed my mind. Did you create a template or use one of theirs?
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”

Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Ytmsn »

They already have it. Something else I've learned with this stuff is how easy it is to clean. Just brush it off and your good. Hit it with a power washer (but don't get too close) at the beginning of the spring and end of the season and it looks brand new.

Also, I had my cover made to extend over the swimdeck. If you leave it out and exposed to the sun I'm sure it won't last as long. It's kind of a pain to peel and clean but not that big of a deal if it needs to be replaced for some reason.

Go for it tgrace!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by NautiGirl »

Looks great YT! Ready to do ours!

Glad we don't have any to take off!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Big Block Power »

tgrace98 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:36 am
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:30 am Thanks y'all! I agree Driller, the lines running with the boat make a big difference.

When I originally ordered they were going to put the word Cobalt on the upper deck on one side, and the line were crossways. It didn't look right so we switched and put the logo on top and the word on bottom. That looked way too busy and REally didn't look right so we settled on only the logo on the bottom with the lines running long. We tried it with the logo and a smaller Cobalt beneath on tbe bottom but it just looked too crammed.

I wish the logo was a tad bigger and closer to the edge because it kinda goes up under the top deck, but I can live with it.

One thing that definitely stands out is the "cushiness" with this product. I don't know if the grey stuff was seadek or something else but it was thinner and not as cushy. This Aquamarine product feels better and actually covers better. It's also just a touch larger and covers the entire footprint. And it is SUPER easy to install!
Well I was sold on SeaDek but reading this I think you changed my mind. Did you create a template or use one of theirs?
Well grace they have Yt's template new so your good to go. Getrdone
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
thunder550
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2246
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by thunder550 »

Looks great yt!
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
User avatar
Ytmsn
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by Ytmsn »

I added a couple more things today. One was a SS treadplate at the helm. Looks good but I'll never do it again unless it comes with the boat. The rubber backing apparently shrank a little so it was a boogerbear going back together. Like putting toothpaste back into a tube. But it gives the helm a more modern appearance.
20180311_152249.jpg
Then I added the taco latch to the center windscreen. No big deal but it's nice to have and really missed when you don't!

After that I decided to put Thunders LED docking lights in. He said it took him like 20 minutes. Yeah well, I hate you sometimes Thunder! Especially when you do something (anything) and make it look sooo easy. Two and a half hours later..

Remember.. I have trouble with flashlight batteries. But Thunder says noooo problemo. Its EASY he said. 😠

In full disclosure, part of what took so long was I had to go to the store for solder. And a solder iron. And tape. And heat shrink connectors. And a wire stripper thingy. I finished it up and wasn't sure if anything would blow up or burn down when I flipped the switch, but they came on. So far nothing has nothing smoked or flared up, and they actually look pretty good. Its kind of a pissed off look. Or maybe mean..
20180311_191843.jpg
20180311_191851.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What upgrades have you done to your boat?

Post by AsLan7 »

Great job YT. We may need to rename you t550 jr. 👍
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 24 guests