Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I have a 98 modal 200 that melted no 5 plug end changed plugs ,wires, cap and rotor , fuel injector , and module . Still have a misfire .
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
What's your compression on that cylinder?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
You have a lean problem. What's your fuel pressure. Intake gasket leak. Spark to that cyl. Injector still? Timing issue. Bad fuel. Old? Ethanol? Plugged fuel filter? Fuel pump. We know they have issues with them. Spark arrestor clean not plugged.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I cleaned the spark arrestor out did not check fuel pressure nor did I check for vacuum leak on that cyl. The fuel injector I installed is a day old . And came from vp. I check with a noide light injector is getting power and it does work .
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Can I check for vacuum leak on the boat just like a car with carb cleaner
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I set the timing at 5 degrees btdc just like it says on the placard. What should it be set at
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
I have not set timing in years and don't want to tell you wrong. I'm sure you have to ground something then set it. Be very careful dosing carb or brake cleaner by the intake. I've seen fires started by doing that. Don't ask me how. Chevy S10 lol
Check your fuel pressure low and high side.
Check your fuel pressure low and high side.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
It will work with water never really used it. I know some people used small propane bottles with a tip small amount is all that's needed. The rpm changed as it sucked in propane.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Found the vac leak the intake gasket needs replaced . But here is the kicker the part is nolonger made . Please help
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Found the vac leak it was the intake gasket . But here is the kicker no longer made . Any body have any ideas on what to do next
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
That's crazy. Check your mercury dealer. Or check your gm dealer. Get me a part number. Serial number off the engine and size and year.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Misfire that I can't find in my 5.0 volvo penta
Without numbers I can't guarantee but there is no way that you can't find these gaskets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests
