Air inflator mounts for tubes

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
Post Reply
tarachanowicz
Commander
Commander
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by tarachanowicz »

2014 220 does anyone have pictures or know where the optional air inflator mounting brackets mount?.
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by ajcampen »

Under the rear seat the is on hinges. No pictures and I won’t have my boat for two weeks. I don’t think any rhym or reason it is there could be mounted anywhere
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
tarachanowicz
Commander
Commander
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by tarachanowicz »

Thanks
User avatar
ajcampen
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Location: Columbus, Oh
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by ajcampen »

I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by Big Block Power »

ajcampen wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
Pot the jus!
We can read anything.
I mounted mine in the engine area and wired it directly to the battery.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm
Location: Southern Indiana
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by 2ridgebacks »

Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by Big Block Power »

2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
No it's a pain like you said. I'm sure we could make something work. But that requires energy and time.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by Bfun220 »

Mount a power plug under the seat by the perk swith. Or connect to the battery and run wires up under seat.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by Big Block Power »

It would just be nice not to have to make everyone move to blow tubes up. Stick a ski hose in the ski locker
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
2ridgebacks
Captain
Captain
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm
Location: Southern Indiana
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by 2ridgebacks »

I’ve been reading and thinking. About anywhere that you could mount any type of air pump, it is exposed to the bilge. If it’s exposed to the bilge, there is an explosion hazard. So, the only way around that is mount it sealed from the bilge, install a vapor detector, or have an explosion proof blower.
If that can be overcome, I looked at 12v blowers for SUP’s as well as small shop vacs. The shop vac and some inflatable blowers would require an inverter. More money plus the cable to get away from the bilge. The nice thing about the shop vac is the long power cord and the ability to buy long lengths of hose inexpensively. I’m thinking you pull out the hose from a hidden spot and flip the switch. Deflation would be rapid as well.
I’m not really making plans yet. Just thinking out loud and spending money on paper. The Chinese fire drill to air up toys is getting old though.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes

Post by cmattj »

The wet locker on ours has the plug and the oem inflater.. " No worries " the Cobalt engineer said.. only 12 volts .. has a breaker.. has a drain😂😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests