Air inflator mounts for tubes
-
tarachanowicz
- Commander

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Air inflator mounts for tubes
2014 220 does anyone have pictures or know where the optional air inflator mounting brackets mount?.
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Under the rear seat the is on hinges. No pictures and I won’t have my boat for two weeks. I don’t think any rhym or reason it is there could be mounted anywhere
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
-
tarachanowicz
- Commander

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:57 pm
- Location: Michigan
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Pot the jus!ajcampen wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm I Can’t believe you could read that. My typing on phone is atrocious. I need to start reading before I submit
We can read anything.
I mounted mine in the engine area and wired it directly to the battery.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
2ridgebacks
- Captain

- Posts: 251
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm
- Location: Southern Indiana
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Volvo 8.1 400hp
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
No it's a pain like you said. I'm sure we could make something work. But that requires energy and time.2ridgebacks wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am Not to hijack, but on a similar note, what about mounting the inflator and running a long hose? Is that what you did BBP? I looked quickly for hoses and didn’t see one. With several people on the boat and trying to get things inflated with the power cord strung out, it gets hectic.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
Mount a power plug under the seat by the perk swith. Or connect to the battery and run wires up under seat.
2018 r5
2003 220
2003 220
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
It would just be nice not to have to make everyone move to blow tubes up. Stick a ski hose in the ski locker
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
-
2ridgebacks
- Captain

- Posts: 251
- Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm
- Location: Southern Indiana
- Contact:
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
I’ve been reading and thinking. About anywhere that you could mount any type of air pump, it is exposed to the bilge. If it’s exposed to the bilge, there is an explosion hazard. So, the only way around that is mount it sealed from the bilge, install a vapor detector, or have an explosion proof blower.
If that can be overcome, I looked at 12v blowers for SUP’s as well as small shop vacs. The shop vac and some inflatable blowers would require an inverter. More money plus the cable to get away from the bilge. The nice thing about the shop vac is the long power cord and the ability to buy long lengths of hose inexpensively. I’m thinking you pull out the hose from a hidden spot and flip the switch. Deflation would be rapid as well.
I’m not really making plans yet. Just thinking out loud and spending money on paper. The Chinese fire drill to air up toys is getting old though.
If that can be overcome, I looked at 12v blowers for SUP’s as well as small shop vacs. The shop vac and some inflatable blowers would require an inverter. More money plus the cable to get away from the bilge. The nice thing about the shop vac is the long power cord and the ability to buy long lengths of hose inexpensively. I’m thinking you pull out the hose from a hidden spot and flip the switch. Deflation would be rapid as well.
I’m not really making plans yet. Just thinking out loud and spending money on paper. The Chinese fire drill to air up toys is getting old though.
2012 A25
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Volvo 8.1 400hp
Re: Air inflator mounts for tubes
The wet locker on ours has the plug and the oem inflater.. " No worries " the Cobalt engineer said.. only 12 volts .. has a breaker.. has a drain

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

