Ignition key duplicate
Ignition key duplicate
Hi,
I'd like to duplicate the ignition key for our 2011 210 (for my Son). My dealer said there should be a number on the original key that can be used to order a duplicate/replacement, but I don't see one. Does anyone have some guidance on how to get a Cobalt key duplicated?
Thanks in advance,
G
I'd like to duplicate the ignition key for our 2011 210 (for my Son). My dealer said there should be a number on the original key that can be used to order a duplicate/replacement, but I don't see one. Does anyone have some guidance on how to get a Cobalt key duplicated?
Thanks in advance,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
It's a letter on the key.
Debbie hayes used to have some not sure if she sold out of them. I think it's in the cobalt parts thread. Or just call a dealer they will send you that key.
Debbie hayes used to have some not sure if she sold out of them. I think it's in the cobalt parts thread. Or just call a dealer they will send you that key.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Ah, there is a letter there! Thanks so much BBP!!
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Yep. I won't give it the secret. Just call the dealer or deb. I'll look for the thread.
Looks like she is out of keys. A8 tried.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Thanks again BBP! I'll give him a call back.
Take care,
G
Take care,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Update: I ordered a pre-cut duplicate from lostakey.net ($9.99 + shipping). I'll post back after I have received and tested it.
Thanks again,
G
Thanks again,
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Well, the first key didn't work. It went in, but wouldn't turn. The company immediately cut a replacement, so I'm hoping for better luck on the new one.
....stand by..
G
....stand by..
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Photo send me a pm please. Thanks.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
I just took my key in to Ace Hardware and they cut a duplicate one on the spot for me. I think the blanks are pretty generic.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Re: Ignition key duplicate
I just took my existing key to my local Cobalt dealer. I handed him my key and $15. He handed me a duplicate. Worked like a charm. Cobalt premium as it has the fancy logo on the key.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Now there's something you won't get at Ace!
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Re: Ignition key duplicate
The second key from LostaKey failed to turn the ignition too. Looks like I'm headed to Ace or my local dealer.
Thanks for everyone's help!!
Take care,
G
Edit: It looks like my local dealer can get me the "pretty" key for $32. Not too bad, I guess.
Thanks for everyone's help!!
Take care,
G
Edit: It looks like my local dealer can get me the "pretty" key for $32. Not too bad, I guess.
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Boy sounds like they are thinking it's gold.Photo_G wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:49 am The second key from LostaKey failed to turn the ignition too. Looks like I'm headed to Ace or my local dealer.
Thanks for everyone's help!!
Take care,
G
Edit: It looks like my local dealer can get me the "pretty" key for $32. Not too bad, I guess.
You can call any dealer and they can ship it. Just curious if that's the actually the marked up price. I think I paid $15 from deb on here.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Ignition key duplicate
Thanks BB, I'll have to shop around a bit.
G
G
2011 210 Volvo Penta 4.3 GXi
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Ignition key duplicate
I paid $7 at Ace. I think that was for a key and a keychain.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests
