Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
- NautiGirl
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2849
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
- Location: Kentucky
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
That's new enough that you should be able to get a factory tower installed. Cobalt keeps making parts for boats for 7 years after date of manufacture. Call them up and get your tower.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
.
Hey congrats on your new baby, bobwiley! Any pics?
Btw , some towers require a fiberglass strengthened hull at the attachment point with backing plates done at the factory. Be sure to check on that. It’s not always as simple as just adding a tower....especially if you plan to pull from it (vs adding one just for aesthetics).
In any event, so glad you found us. Is this your first Cobalt?
And welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Thanks. I appreciate the welcome! I'll post some photos when I get a chance. I appreciate the help.
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
I'm going to say that hull is already prepared for a tower.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Samson towers is the oem on cobalt towers
2016 R7 VP 380
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
2014 220S Merc 5.0L (sold)
Columbus, OH
Chautauqua, NY
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
At least you don't want to take one offBobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
Too soon?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Welcome BobWiley! Dont worry about BBs comment . We have a little watercooler joke going on...
As A7 said, you'll want to make sure your hull is reinforced at the mounting point. And as BB said, it may already be, but a quick call to Cobalt should answer that question. If it's not, then I'd highly recommend a backing plate to spread the force it'll be taking on. And if you get one dont pull a tube with it. Use your ski eye for that.
Now you need to post pics or your boat does not exist ! It's almost a proven rumor that anyone posting lots of pictures of their new boat is blessed with many hours of carefree boating, while those that don't have issues. Sooo, you dont want to be "that guy"!
As A7 said, you'll want to make sure your hull is reinforced at the mounting point. And as BB said, it may already be, but a quick call to Cobalt should answer that question. If it's not, then I'd highly recommend a backing plate to spread the force it'll be taking on. And if you get one dont pull a tube with it. Use your ski eye for that.
Now you need to post pics or your boat does not exist ! It's almost a proven rumor that anyone posting lots of pictures of their new boat is blessed with many hours of carefree boating, while those that don't have issues. Sooo, you dont want to be "that guy"!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
Re: Can I get a factory arch/tower installed?
Big Block Power wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:50 pmAt least you don't want to take one offBobWiley wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am Hi everyone. I'm new. I recently purchased a 2017 CS1 (renamed CS22) with a bimini top. It doesn't have an arch/tower. I'm wondering if my dealer can install a factory tower or if I would have to find a different brand aftermarket tower. Just looking for a little info before I ask the service department. Thanks!
Too soon?
2002 190
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
5.0L Volvo Penta GL
#FARCONCEO
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 63 guests

