What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

So we all get goofy ads on the chat.
So I think they are tellng me I need a new ride with a new and improved 240😂
I hope they don't charge me for Dreamsicle gel!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
jhnmdahl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by jhnmdahl »

That blue upholstery does stand out.
Administrator of the www.cobaltchat.com Cobalt boats community forum
2015 210 (Volvo Penta 5.7L V8-225)
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by cmattj »

Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
Maybe in 10 years it might pop up at that price. Lol
Maybe I need to look harder. I'll change my color option. I might find one.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Corsa exhaust installation thread Hijack

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If it’s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Corsa exhaust installation thread Hijack

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 am Well if you stop searching for new R3 dreamsicles with a merc 430 and CC for 54k and under ...it may disappear. Haha
I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If it’s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Re: Corsa exhaust !! Let’s do it!!

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:44 pm

I was looking at cc today. Found a smoking deal on quick and quiet though. But sure that will go over very well though. Really prefer captains call or plus.
If it’s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that aren’t if you want it louder 😎. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting 🍿🍿
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

You need more popcorn bud. Yes I'm messaging the guy. Lol. Your flying in with your hole saw. ✈️😂👀
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Drilling holes in someone else’s Boat is easy!

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm You need more popcorn bud. Yes I'm messaging the guy. Lol. Your flying in with your hole saw. ✈️😂👀
I’m there buddy :lol:
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: Corsa exhaust !! Let’s do it!!

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:52 pm

If it’s a good deal maybe get the standard tips with just the reversion flap and external rubber flap. That plus muffler could be sold off.
Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that aren’t if you want it louder 😎. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting 🍿🍿
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? 😂
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

"Wanted" 4 inch hole saw with centering bit.

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Your a dandy. I loce it!!!
My Donzi had full time open exhaust. I don't want that on this boat. Yes I would be drilling more holes. Quick and quiet is full time out the back on start up and as you get going it goes down to the prop. To me sounds like that's defeating the purpose of open exhaust.
I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that aren’t if you want it louder 😎. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting 🍿🍿
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? 😂
Right! Yes the Corsa Mufflers are actually big $$ so I would imagine you could sell them and get standard tips (LOUD IS BETTER). Plus since im drilling holes I wont have to be as precise as the flange will hide my possible whoopsie in my circle . :shock:

The tips on the left and right are muffled. The one in the center is not and secures transom side. You can always change them later though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: "Wanted" 4 inch hole saw with centering bit.

Post by Big Block Power »

cmattj wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:26 am
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 am
cmattj wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I was just referring to the transom tips. One version that your looking at is muffled. You can get tips that aren’t if you want it louder 😎. It still diverts through the Y- pipe with the solenoids closed. You get a switch !!!!!!
This is exciting 🍿🍿
Ok double checked it has the switchable diverter. Not sure I want the mufflers in the kit. I think those are the same I had on my Donzi. Still sounded nice. It comes with all of the wiring. Mine should be pre-wired. I might have to make a run over to lastgrt1 house to start measuring. If my wife is going to kill me on the stereo I guess I should make sure she can't hear it over the engine. Right? 😂
Right! Yes the Corsa Mufflers are actually big $$ so I would imagine you could sell them and get standard tips (LOUD IS BETTER). Plus since im drilling holes I wont have to be as precise as the flange will hide my possible whoopsie in my circle . :shock:

The tips on the left and right are muffled. The one in the center is not and secures transom side. You can always change them later though.
Exactly. But the mounting through bolts are more of a pain too. So many decisions. Cc or chart plotter? Or nether. Lol
The guy is willing to deal more so that's better.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

Matt I missed that last title change to now. Lol
So looking at my engine and this kit I'm looking at I don't think it will work. They are straight back diverters. I think I would need a offset. The engine is wider then the hull Indent. So I think this might be off the table now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
BobRae99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:16 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by BobRae99 »

I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
2019 Cobalt R3 - V8/350 - Ebony Hull w/ Knock Out Red Edge Stripe
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests