What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

(200, 210, 220, CS series)
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by akorcovelos »

BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
we can't be friends.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
โ€˜Direct Deposit Tooโ€™
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by NautiGirl »

akorcovelos wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
we can't be friends.
My thoughts exactly!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
User avatar
cmattj
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:52 pm
Location: Stockton, California
Contact:

Itโ€™s Fake Noise

Post by cmattj »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm

They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO

California Delta
Table Rock Lake


#FARCON
User avatar
AsLan7
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
Location: Erie PA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Itโ€™s Fake Noise

Post by AsLan7 »

cmattj wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
.
Great vid matt. Who knew? 8-) :geek:
.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food

(CChat moderator)
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by akorcovelos »

Donut is the bomb, I subscribe to all their videos. Definitely a must if youโ€™re a gear head.
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
โ€˜Direct Deposit Tooโ€™
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
NautiGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2849
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Location: Kentucky
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by NautiGirl »

Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm

They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.

Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
JEFF & KATIE
TeamNAUTI
Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block
CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold
1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing
KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
User avatar
Big Block Power
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: Neenah,Wi
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Big Block Power »

NautiGirl wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 am
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.

The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.

Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
We were watching TV the other day about this and there are certain laws on electric vehicles on having them make a certain amount of noise at certain speeds.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Alaskabound
Captain
Captain
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 am
Location: KY
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Alaskabound »

Yeh, people stepping out in front of cars they canโ€™t hear. Wouldnโ€™t it be strange if Tesla was required to install a big block sounding engine speaker? Like phone tones, you could pick what car you wanted to sound like each day

Dub
2017 220S (280 HP Volvo duoprop)
Live in Shepherdsville, KY
Boat at Laurel Lake (London, KY)
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Bfun220 »

Audi already does this.
2018 r5
2003 220
User avatar
akorcovelos
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2981
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm
Location: Antioch, IL
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by akorcovelos »

Bfun220 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am Audi already does this.
I can only imagine what tech geeks are going to do with this when they crack the code and can put their own sounds in it. :lol:
1996 252 Whipple tuned 454 Magnum MPI, 496 exhaust, Corsa Captains Call, B3 w/Simrek drive shower.
โ€˜Direct Deposit Tooโ€™
Antioch, IL
Fox Chain O' Lakes
User avatar
Bfun220
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?

Post by Bfun220 »

akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am
Bfun220 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am Audi already does this.
I can only imagine what tech geeks are going to do with this when they crack the code and can put their own sounds in it. :lol:
Lol, right, I never thought about that.
2018 r5
2003 220
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests