Page 2 of 2
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm
by Big Block Power
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks



Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm
by akorcovelos
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
we can't be friends.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm
by NautiGirl
akorcovelos wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:26 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
we can't be friends.
My thoughts exactly!
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks



Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I don't know, you guys. If I could get a boat that just went fast with zero engine noise - I'd be in heaven!
They are out there bobrae. But then I would have to pipe in big block sound like Ford does on there trucks



Dont worry Tesla will have there boat package pretty soon!
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Itβs Fake Noise
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
Re: Itβs Fake Noise
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 pm
by AsLan7
cmattj wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
Geeze.. just watched this video.. I guess I need to get out more. Pay attention to what other automakers are doing.
12 minutes but interesting.
.
Great vid matt. Who knew?
.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 pm
by akorcovelos
Donut is the bomb, I subscribe to all their videos. Definitely a must if youβre a gear head.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 am
by NautiGirl
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.
Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 am
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
I disabled the piped in sound on my F150 - now I just get turbo whine and pissed off V6 sound. Actually the EcoBoost doesn't sound bad at all under load, no cool V8 rumble but it's far from a high pitched small 4cyl drone.
The BMW has piped in sound too, as well as a second exhaust that opens under load - who knew my car would have captains call!
I have nothing.
I know - in some ways sad times we live in. Then again we also live in an era where 4cyl 2.3L engines are producing 300+hp from the factory. They may not sound like the engines of old but you can't argue with their performance.
Wait until everything goes electric and we drive around in total silence.
We were watching TV the other day about this and there are certain laws on electric vehicles on having them make a certain amount of noise at certain speeds.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 am
by Alaskabound
Yeh, people stepping out in front of cars they canβt hear. Wouldnβt it be strange if Tesla was required to install a big block sounding engine speaker? Like phone tones, you could pick what car you wanted to sound like each day
Dub
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am
by Bfun220
Audi already does this.
Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am
by akorcovelos
Bfun220 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am
Audi already does this.
I can only imagine what tech geeks are going to do with this when they crack the code and can put their own sounds in it.

Re: What is Cobalt Chat trying to tell me?
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:24 pm
by Bfun220
akorcovelos wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 am
Bfun220 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:42 am
Audi already does this.
I can only imagine what tech geeks are going to do with this when they crack the code and can put their own sounds in it.
Lol, right, I never thought about that.